FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Welsley island this weekend!  (Read 1755 times)

wheredawaldos

Welsley island this weekend!
« on: Aug 24, 2016, 08:07 AM »
Hi everyone, I will be fishing out of welsley island all next week and will have my 19 foot boat. Me and my kids are regulars to Erie and love walleye fishing but are not sure where and howntontarget walleye in this area? Or if it's even worth it! Any help or tips would be appreciated thanks!

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
Re: Welsley island this weekend!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2016, 12:40 PM »
In the past we caught walleyes trolling the edge of the shipping channel with stickbaits down 20-30 feet, and also casting jigs and erie deries to rockpiles on the channel edge as it gets dark in the evening.

wheredawaldos

« Reply #2 on: Aug 24, 2016, 05:59 PM »
Awesome thanks for the info!

joefish1

« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2016, 06:42 AM »
Hi everyone, I will be fishing out of welsley island all next week and will have my 19 foot boat. Me and my kids are regulars to Erie and love walleye fishing but are not sure where and howntontarget walleye in this area? Or if it's even worth it! Any help or tips would be appreciated thanks!
Try down by the Coast Guard Station in the evening.  Be careful of the traffic.

crl1970

« Reply #4 on: Oct 03, 2016, 10:08 AM »
I fish the summer months a lot up by Alexandria Bay but not much in the Fall.  Does anyone fish up this way?  I would like to fish this fall and I normally troll for Northerns during the Summer months...  Thank You for any help.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.