FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ordered New Boat -- Different Color came in -- How would you respond?  (Read 3168 times)

LundProv

At the end of May, I sold my old pontoon boat. I knew what I wanted and ordered a new boat on 6-6-16 at a large local dealer. They told me the first week or so in August. This is a new pontoon boat and it arrived yesterday, 8-23-16. I went tonight to see the boat and was very surprised that it is not the color I ordered. The salesperson I ordered it from is off and will be back Friday. The blue that I ordered, apparently was discontinued and changed to an entirely different shade of blue. The bimini top did not come blue but sand and the boat cover did not come blue but sand. When I placed this order in June, I used the color schemes given to me by the dealer and the order was placed. So, I was really disappointed in this shade of blue for the boat and a tan bimini and boat cover will be filthy in no time. The boat itself is beautiful and laid out exactly as I expected. The color is not acceptable. To complicate things, they have installed the 115 merc 4 stroke and the on board charger and the minn kota trolling motor. This boat is about $27,000 and I have put a deposit of $500 on the order. I have texted the salesperson and told him to stop doing anymore work on this boat. I am just frustrated that apparently with the year end, the 2016 was one shade of blue and the 2017 is this new shade of blue.   I was not told if I was getting a 2016 or a 2017 and it really did not matter to me as long as I was getting what I thought I ordered. I feel the proper thing would have been for the salesperson to tell me or the factory to tell me the color has changed. I also feel they should have contacted me the minute this came in and said the color scheme is different. I could have had a black or tan boat out of their floor stock but I waited 10 weeks for this blue. So, what would you do? At this point, I do not want this color. The boat is great but the color is lousy. I appreciate your opinion and I will pray about this and get a good nights sleep. I do not want to be a jerk but feel I was not informed of this change. Thanks in advance...

boondox

Find out if the Bimini top is changeable and if it's painted or if it's sticker.. cause  a simple swap of stickers by the dealer and or the Bimini top would be what you wanted if it painted I would cancel it my self cause I am not getting what I paid for..  .. 

This senerio is kinda like the movie vacation when Clark and rusty got to pick up the new car and he says this is not the car I otderd..lucky your car did not get crushed in the process of the deal..lol's

fishcrazy

Get what you want. Especially when it comes to color. Working in the car business my entire adult life I can tell you if an order is placed for a 2016 and gets bumped to 2017 production there is nothing a dealer can do and normally not even notified. I'm sure it's frustrating I'm a blue boat guy myself..lol..the wrong blue would not work for me.  Don't take it

Ducker

I'd get what you want. I ordered a boat last year and was lied to on delivery dates.  When I asked dealer the status he acted like it would be any day.  4 weeks later I finally got my boat.  I ended up contacting the sales rep for the boat manufacturer I was so frustrated.  I love the boat but would not buy a spark plug from the marina in the future.  Make sure you get exactly what you want.  Especially when you are paying for a new boat!

JDK

I ordered a new boat this past winter.  Came in the wrong color.  I gave the dealer an option, reduce the price and I'd take what came in or get me the correct color.   They got the correct color.
# SAND

gamefisher

I would think 5k off the price would make the color far more palatable. 8)

Boomer

I am sure they would hold you to the contract and you should reciprocate.  You paid a lot of money for this I am sure, get what you wanted in the first place. Every time you would go out in something you did not want I think it would nag on you - it would me.

Good luck.

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
Boats are expensive, I would make sure it was exactly like I wanted or I wouldn't spend the money...good luck
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

Daybreak

Very poor communication on the dealers part.  I am sure they were made aware that the color you ordered was not available.  You should have been notified right away and given the opportunity to pick/approve a different color or cancel the sales contract.  I would expect to have them explain in detail AND begin the remedy on how they can fix this problem immediately.  With the passing of a few days between the time you noticed the mistake and the salesman returns to work, I am sure they are aware that they screwed up and have come up with some kind of solution for you.  Good luck on Friday.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

High Flags

Bummer hope you get it worked out. I ordered my Lund long ago and was very picky about it color it was a big deal to me as well as other custom features.. I know I would be upset ,only a major Discount might ease my pain to make me want to keep it but you may still regret it down the road.  Might be best to  just get refund and start over.

Daybreak

Bummer hope you get it worked out. I ordered my Lund long ago and was very picky about it color it was a big deal to me as well as other custom features.. I know I would be upset ,only a major Discount might ease my pain to make me want to keep it but you may still regret it down the road.  Might be best to  just get refund and start over.
I'm not sure how much mark-up the dealers get on boats, so wouldn't have any idea how much they could discount to break even at best and still keep the deal together.  I am certain they don't want to sit on a custom ordered boat, especially one they have already started the prep and installation on.  I would think you are in the drivers seat on this one, as long as you have time to wait on another one to be built.  Is there another brand that would suit you if you could find your color in the current model year available?  Just a thought!
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

Mac Attack

On a side note - High Flags - I was wondering how much you get for posting logos in each of your posts for Lund, Lowrance, and Mercury?

My boat came in without the roller trailer I ordered.
It was a bunk instead.
I got the discounted price between the two.
Nothing more.
But the price I paid to start with was less because the sales guy is a close friend.

My point is that every time I bust my a$$ turning that winch handle I regret not having the dealer get me the roller trailer that I ordered.
Every darn time!!!

Make your deal, but be ready to live with it.

Good luck.

Mac

High Flags

LOL.......  no $$ for me Attack, but if you can negotiate a few deals for me I'm willing to cut you in.   I'm just a poor fisherman who is proud to own and and use theses products.

A very good point Attack........ Make your deal and live with it.  no regrets

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
It's your money and it should buy what you want not what they are trying to pass along. Why have catalogs and web sites to choose color combos then ? I think I would pass on the deal and if they have issues with it I would tell them they are not about customer service and satisfaction then. On the other hand if they offer you an amazing deal and you can get over the color issues, then that might be another story. Plain and simple its your money get what you want!

legend1

ditto !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.