FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fall bite  (Read 8132 times)

fish/hunt4ever

Fall bite
« on: Aug 27, 2016, 08:02 AM »
Eveyone excited for fall just around the corner?  I have not got to do near the fishing I wanted to this summer, from the bite being off early this year when I could go and then starting to build a house and not having time to go the bite turned on for some of the lucky ones out there.  I am ready for fall but more time for hunting and if I and the wife tag out I might even get to go fishing a little bit as well, but with a general elk tag I am not going to count my bulls before the end of the season.  It is getting closer to seeing all of you on Iceshanty not long now for the cooler weather and ice making, seen it was 31 degrees over by pindale the other morning.

wforbes

Re: Fall bite
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2016, 09:52 AM »
Fish don't bite in the fall  :P

legend1

« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2016, 11:07 AM »
...well, one did but that was years ago....

massNtrash

« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2016, 08:02 AM »
I agree with wforbes, fish don't bite in the fall you might as well not waste your time........ ;D
Rippin Lips!

Dorado

« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2016, 01:52 PM »
I agree with wforbes, fish don't bite in the fall you might as well not waste your time........ ;D

Nice fish!  On a jig?

Fished Willow on Saturday, caught a dozen 2-5 pounders on the fly rod...no hogs like that but great fun.

massNtrash

« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 2016, 08:39 AM »
Dave I was trolling. I got 3 over 15lb last week.
Rippin Lips!

Dorado

« Reply #6 on: Nov 03, 2016, 09:33 AM »
Dave I was trolling. I got 3 over 15lb last week.

May head down there this weekend.  How is the boat ramp?  Last time I was there, the lake looked pretty low, and it looked like people were launching beyond the cement pad on the ramp.....

massNtrash

« Reply #7 on: Nov 03, 2016, 11:36 AM »
I may be down there as well on Friday or Saturday. Ramp was ok its not as low as it was last year but its still down maybe 5-6ft. My boat launched just as the tires came off the concrete so it is about like half moon always is if not a little better. Just stay to the right if you are looking down the boat ramp because there is some exposed rebar on the left. Other than that it is smooth sailing. If you see my brown/black lund out there come say hi.
Rippin Lips!

Dorado

« Reply #8 on: Nov 05, 2016, 09:28 PM »
Hey Kyle,
Did pretty good today, hit the humps on the south side of the lake and had steady action jigging.  Hit the inlet for nothing, then came back toward the ramp.  Found some big schools suspended in 80' of water for a nonstop hour of action.  Nothing over 5 lbs.  Had 2 guys in an old crestliner cuddy troll about 20 feet past me over and over.  Each time they went past they turned their backs to me very odd, there were only a couple boats on the whole lake...beautiful day on the water

massNtrash

« Reply #9 on: Nov 07, 2016, 08:13 AM »
I got caught up doing stuff around the house this weekend so by the time that I got to go I didn't feel like it was worth the drive down there to fish for an hour and a half before it got dark so I went up to Half Moon and did ok for only 2 hours or so. Lots of pups up to 5lb like you, one 7ish pound female that decided to deposit a bunch of eggs in the back of my boat, and a beautiful 24" brown. I was planning on stopping and jigging when I found some on the graph that were stacked up but I never did find them so I just kept trolling. Great day to be on the water though!
Rippin Lips!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.