FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Friday night gills n crappies  (Read 1676 times)

tater140

Friday night gills n crappies
« on: Aug 28, 2016, 01:07 PM »
We had to cancel our traditional wednesday fishing night due to the storms that rolled through so we went out friday evening/ night fishing.  We launched and promptly found a nice school of gills in about 19 fow.  I was using a tungsten ice jig and my buddy was using a straight hook and worm.  We were threading about 1" of a wiggler onto the hooks and let the tail dangle off and it seemed quite effective.  The bite was on as soon as soon as we got out there around 7:00 and continued until midnight when we left.  The crappies came on either a minnow or an ice jig and bee moth.  We got the lights out as it got dark.  It seemed there was a little lull in the action as the fish adjusted, and we also downsized our jigs and rods to ice fishing gear.
[/[URL=http://s453.photobucket.com/user/chd8903/media/Fishing/090B3C15-A6BF-4847-B46C-9AF48FECD169_zpsoo4hu2qd.jpg.html]

Gartoon

Re: Friday night gills n crappies
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2016, 05:42 PM »
Awesome Job !

Jig_Head

« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2016, 02:53 AM »
Very nice! Those look good

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2016, 05:11 AM »
Nice mess of fish!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Aug 29, 2016, 06:09 AM »
That's a great trip,congratulations..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

tater140

« Reply #5 on: Aug 29, 2016, 05:44 PM »
Thanks.... It did appear that he fish were starting to school up for the fall bite.  The last time i was there they were spread out and tight on the bottom

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.