FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Speculation on the Steelhead Run  (Read 1475 times)

Bputman

Speculation on the Steelhead Run
« on: Aug 30, 2016, 10:22 AM »
I tried for steelhead last year at trail creek and MC pier with minimal luck, low water levels and a less than ideal fall didnt have the push that I was use to seeing the past few years. We did manage to catch and release a few decent kings and cohos in the creek. I was unfortunately not in the state during the summer run but i heard it was a decnet push of fish. So do you guys think we'll have a banner year or is the run slowly dying off?

Boomer

Re: Speculation on the Steelhead Run
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2016, 11:55 AM »
As a fisherman I am always hopeful. I thought the summer run had decent sized fish this year. I, too, did not think I did as well as I should have this summer but I did see my share of fish caught off the pier.  Time will tell but I am leaning towards a good year and I will be living closer than ever this year. I can be on the pier in less than 20 minutes.

Rumors have it that some chinook have already started up the creek.  If we can get good weather and good timing all will be good.

Let me know if you are heading to the pier sometime and maybe we will meet up.

Bputman

« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2016, 09:11 AM »
Yeah there was some nice ones I saw caught but of course I wasnt in state sadly. Hopefully the weather cooperates this fall, if I head up ill be sure to send you a PM, i've only met one person from this group so far.

ftwwalleye

« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2016, 10:25 PM »
Could be a good fall run. Spring started out good then super dry summer. Then when we got rain it was too much. Only got out a few times this summer but the ones I got were nice sized. I like the fall run bit really like fishing the winter when crowds are gone and drifting small jigs

Bputman

« Reply #4 on: Sep 02, 2016, 07:24 AM »
Thats the way I like it too, generally they have a better color to them and pull harder for me in TC

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.