FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What is the most crazy, insane, unbelievable thing you've seen on the water?????  (Read 6440 times)

Bartman44

Speaking of birds, this one also comes to mind:

Several years back,  my son and I fly fished a local stream for a bit. He's fishing the run above me and I look up and he has a nice fish in his net and he's waving for me. I walk up and he has a nice native trout about 16 inches in the water inside the net.

He says "I didn't catch it, it fell out of the sky." I said "What the @@# ? "

He was switching nymphs and just happened to glance up and see this object falling from the sky and land about 10 feet from him in the grass. He walks over to the object, only to find a live trout lying there in the grass. He grabbed it and placed it in his net in the water. When I inspected the fish it had talon marks on it. Apparently, a rather large bird of prey caught a nice trout and it dropped it 10 feet from my kid. What are the chances of that? If it dropped anywhere else, it would have surely died out of water. If he wasn't changing flies he wouldn't have seen it rain fish.

We never saw the bird but we released that the fish and it swam off just  fine.    Lucky fish.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
I  am guessing aliens  , big foot  ,  possiably  global warming!!!   no  matter  what  your  son  was  a  lucky  kid  to  witness  that!  but that is  the  luckest  trout there ever  was !!!!   that was  great!!!!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
I was out fishing on the canal near my home one afternoon. When I returned to the launch I saw several poiplice vehicles, a couple ECO's and the county Sheriff's dive team at the launch. Looked like they were setting up for a practice rescue. There was a small aluminum boat hat appeared to be anchored just out from the launch.

As I arrived, so did the tow truck. It retrieved a fully submerged Ford Explorer with trailer attached. The guy's girlfriend had backed the truck down the ramp so far that he trailer wheels dropped over the end of the ramp. She had to be up to the doors in water to get in that far, it's a fairly steep ramp. She panicked and hit the gas forgetting she was still in reverse and powered the truck right down the ramp.

As I was waiting, stuff began floating up from the truck. I pulled at least 15 empty beer cans from the water along with a purse and other odd stuff. I dropped them off at the shore. The police were less than impressed with the empties. They both got sobriety tests and a ride in the back in handcuffs.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

bshirtd

• If he aint 2 liters throw em back
Low that would have made me expell lol , last fall casting for eyes I'm really into it and out of no where a heron went to land about 8' from me with wings spread and a holy € from me and a screech out of the bird well I think I almost  :o
And the bird left a huge white stain on the water and flew off , took me several mins to get it together

Yea they just sneak right up on you for sure
black shirt defense .... swarm and punish

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
fishing at wrights landing two woman   had  4  children on a  good  size  cuddy blocking  the  ramp  boat in the water   for  what  ever  reason the  coast guard  was  checking  boats  at the  ramp ....  the  woman  was  told  young children  needed to be  in life  jackets and he wanted  to  check  the boat  for need  safty  equipment ....the  lady  went totally  off  screaming that he  was   not a  police officer  and had no right ....at this  time  I felt it  to be   getting interesting  and   sat  down  and  poured myself a  coffee.....the  young   coast guardsman   repeatedly  told her he in fact  did have the right to inspect her boat  and  if  he deemed necessary....this  shouting match  went on  for   awhile  and  other boaters  even  warned her   it  would  be in her  best interest  to  comply.....at this  time  a group  of  the  coast guard personal  came over  and  at this time the pleasantries ended  the  woman was taken of the  boat   last I seen her she  was   in handcuffs  cring  the  other  woman  was  being  talked  to  and  the  four  children  were  sitting   by the  bath house .....later I heard  both woman  were intoxicated and  the one arrested ...... I  did well on the rock bass that night and pulled 2 or 3 bass along with them .....all fish were dispatched at the fish cleaning station and ate
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Reel Force

My wife ....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

LP Steve

lowaccord66

Yea they just sneak right up on you for sure

Yes and that screech will get you every time...

thecreature

A friend and I were doing an over night trip to a back country pond in the Adirondacks in early October a couple years ago. We trolled wabblers all day and only caught one Laker. That night we were sitting by the fire and decided to take a walk down to the pond to look at the water. When I shined my head lamp in the water, I was like, "There's a fish right there!".  Then I continued to scan the water with the light and there were 100s (no exaggeration) of Lakers swarmed right next to the shore. I'm talking less than 5ft out and about 50ft along the shore. I went and got my pole but couldn't get any of them to bite. I think they must have been spawning and therefore not feeding. They were literally in huge clumps. It was the most insane thing I ever saw on the water.

mike304

I was out on Lake George on a busy holiday weekend several years ago and saw what I thought was a duck swimming. When I got closer I realized it was a small doe, and she was headed out into the main lake and a lot of boat traffic. Thinking she was getting herself in a lot of trouble, I figured I'd get her headed back towards land and safety. 
Well, I guess she new better than me because no sooner did she get in enough water to stand up when a young coyote leaped out of the bushes and landed right on her back! The two of them went a$$ over teakettle into the water kicking and splashing. The coyote climbed out of the water soaking wet and the doe swam about 100 yds up the shoreline, climbed out and lay down. We hung out a little while to make sure the coyote didn't come back, and she finally got up and ran off.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.