FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Something different  (Read 1805 times)

bigr

Something different
« on: Sep 09, 2016, 01:07 PM »
With the walleyes I caught yesterday that I scaled, gutted, and removed fins. I'm going to stuff cavity with garden veggies, squash, zucchini, gr and red peppers and sweet onions. Olive oil with lemon pepper seasoning. Smoked top side down at low heat using cherry wood. Seasoned baby tators also, cold drink and high school football on the radio, should be a good evening even if the fish isn't.

Boomer

Re: Something different
« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2016, 02:05 PM »
Sounds good. Be careful with some veggies - they may take a little longer to cook the the fish. Still, the right combo will make for a memorable meal and listening to the game will top it off. GO ............. ! ! !

bigr

« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2016, 04:34 PM »
The two hr update. Fish, whole chicken, pork tenderloin is smoking perfectly. The aroma is filling the entire nieghborhood. Starting to attract attention. Fish will be coming off soon followed a couple hrs later br the chicken and pork. This is where I want to be right now, crown and coke in hand and a smell that makes your mouth water.

bigr

« Reply #3 on: Sep 09, 2016, 04:37 PM »
I forgot: go Wabash. They are undeafeated

bigr

« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2016, 05:31 PM »
Final update. Success.

Jig_Head

« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 2016, 05:24 AM »
That sounds really good. And crown n cokes is my go- to

Boomer

« Reply #6 on: Sep 14, 2016, 02:48 PM »
Bigr - you know what all that means? You have to go and catch a few more for another meal.

My son phoned the other night and asked for us to bring him some "real food." What do you say to a kid that is use to fish you catch and squirrel and deer you kill?  He'll be happier this weekend.

bigr

« Reply #7 on: Sep 15, 2016, 05:13 AM »
My youngest daughter came down from south bend just for an evening of gil fishing so she and her husband could have fresh fish. I don't usually put much effort into weekday fishing but we loaded the pelican and got a nice mess of gils for her to take home. Another example of why I fish. Not just about catching.

bigr

« Reply #8 on: Sep 15, 2016, 05:23 AM »
Grand kids from oldest daughter are coming Saturday morning. I'm sure I'll have to take them out for a couple hrs. Another blessed reason to have to go fishing. Keep the reasons coming.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.