FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Important Lamprey meeting at Shelburn Town Office  (Read 2335 times)

dickbaker

Important Lamprey meeting at Shelburn Town Office
« on: Sep 20, 2016, 11:18 AM »
Sept. 26,   7-9 PM there will be a very important meeting discuss the planned Lamprey eel treatment of the LePlatte River.   The LePlatte is the source of most of the lamprey attacking game fish in the Burlington, Shelburn area.    There will be well prepared people there to prevent the treatment, so it is important to pack the room with fishermen and families.   I expect to see many fishermen (crayfish and perchbait) at the meeting.
I'm hoping to travel all the way from NH for the meeting?
Dick

dickbaker

Re: Important Lamprey meeting at Shelburn Town Office
« Reply #1 on: Sep 22, 2016, 08:08 AM »
 ??? Well it looks like I may be the only fisherman there?? ::)
Dick

Perchbait

« Reply #2 on: Sep 22, 2016, 04:09 PM »
Sorry Dick, but I don't have the time to go to the meeting due to homework. I hope that the meeting is a success for us fishermen though. I would sure like to see the lake without those nasty things.
perch bait on IS, if you couldn't figure that out on your own. ;)

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2016, 06:12 PM »
The state will do what the state will do.  If it needs to be done, then do it.  The river will only glow neon green for a day or so.  I will say though, that I haven't caught a trout below Carver Falls since the Poultney River was treated even though their post treatment downstream survey showed minimal casualties.   :)
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

dickbaker

« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2016, 06:10 PM »
The state will do what the state will do.  If it needs to be done, then do it.  The river will only glow neon green for a day or so.  I will say though, that I haven't caught a trout below Carver Falls since the Poultney River was treated even though their post treatment downstream survey showed minimal casualties.   :)

I sure would like to hear more about your lack of fish after lamprey treatment?
Dick

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.