FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Missy Fall Crappie  (Read 2270 times)

Just_jiggin83

Missy Fall Crappie
« on: Sep 22, 2016, 02:24 PM »
The girlfriend and i are wanting to hit missy to fish and camp and was wondering what some of your guys good tactics are. Ive never fished it before so any info wood help. Ive been doing good trolling small cranks but not sure if this is the right approach for missy. Any info is good info. Thanks in advance!!

Boomer

Re: Missy Fall Crappie
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2016, 06:00 AM »
Don't forget the river too. Go down and do a little wading. Bigr has been giving a few posts on this lately. Have a nice trip.

Just_jiggin83

« Reply #2 on: Sep 23, 2016, 10:14 AM »
Thanks guys! I was thinking about hitting the river also! Heard a lot of good things about below the dam. Probably be in the boat most of the time but would be a nice changeup. Thanks again.

bigr

« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2016, 06:05 AM »
Cranks will work for another couple weeks. I suggest trolling small road runners or jigs/twisters. Front of the dam out in front of the rip rap is usually good. Points and front of the coves will have fish. You might try dropping tight to some of the standing trees in the coves with tubes tipped with minnows. In a couple weeks the corp will start dropping level towards winter pool. That's when the fishing gets real good, usually up in the coves shallow. Below the dam would be a nice break from the boat. I suggest you use goggle and find some access down stream from the main parking right below the dam. Much better for smallies and likely no others around. I like using mepps spinners or my favorite is live chubs drifted thru holes below ripples.

Just_jiggin83

« Reply #4 on: Sep 26, 2016, 06:25 AM »
Thanks. Not sure the ol lady is gonna be able to get off work now for our trip but i still want to come down for a weekend at least. Always hear good things about missy and the creek and i have had the urge to get down there.

Just_jiggin83

« Reply #5 on: Oct 03, 2016, 06:54 AM »
Ended up going down to Missy yesterday by myself, ol' lady didnt want to get up at 2:30 am to go with. Launched at frances slocom because i knew the slab masters classic was launching from there and immediately caught a few decent crappie just down from the launch. Ended up catching 22 crappie in all with the biggest being 12 1/4" long. Not bad for furst time fishing the lake i think. Did more checking out the place then fishing for the most part. Had fun and that lake is very nice and BIG!
I tried finding the slab masters resukts but arent put up yet, anyone hear anything on big winners?

bigr

« Reply #6 on: Oct 03, 2016, 08:36 AM »
Sounds like you had a good outing. The best is coming. The draw down to winter pool is to start the 15th I believe and that's when the fishing usually gets going good. Most times not right away but after the level gets down a few feet. As level drops you'll have to eventually launch at red bridge ramp, that several weeks away yet. I heard the sally was not great as far as size/weight but I'm sure the weights on the missy was much better. The size in the sally have been very good right up until the event. Sally started a slow draw down a few days before and I think that effected the bite. Seems the first several days it throws the bite off.

vexologist

« Reply #7 on: Oct 14, 2016, 09:43 PM »
Any updates on crappie bite on Missy? Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.