FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Worst fishing trip  (Read 1822 times)

ftwwalleye

Worst fishing trip
« on: Sep 24, 2016, 05:35 AM »
I was pumped to get out tuesday morning and troll on oliver and olin for trout. I was going to go further north west and chase some trout on the fly rod, but decided to pick up my dad and take him out and left the kid at grandmas. We made the haul across oliver and started out trolling on olin. Half a lap around I had a major pain in my side. Minuts later I peed blood and almost blacked out. Me made the what seemed like forever trip back with my 5hp engin and made it to kendallville emergency room. Turns out I have kidney stone and have a large one in my kidney tract that was rob too big to pass. I had surgery to remove yesterday and am feeling better.
I guess the moral of the story for me is about fishing safety. I go out by my self a lot. I'm going to start ensuring that someone knows where I'm going to fish and what time I'm going to be home. I fish alone a lot and this is not going to help out the situation with the wifey. I guess fishing partners are good for more than telling dirty jokes to and sharing beers.
Tight lines and fish on.
Chad

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Worst fishing trip
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2016, 05:52 AM »
Glad you are better Chad.. That's why everyone who fishes alone should always wear  a PFD..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

bldfrt

« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2016, 08:41 AM »
Did you catch any trout?

ftwwalleye

« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2016, 09:46 AM »
Ha. Didn't even get a trout. Just got out there and had 5 rods out too

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2016, 12:13 PM »
Glad your Ok. I was thinking about that last night when it was me and the hound out by ourselves.

filetandrelease

« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2016, 05:34 AM »

That sucks , glad your ok, there will be other trips ,

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Sep 25, 2016, 04:40 PM »
Yep glad you are O.K.  I hear that is a very painful thing to have. I'm sure you concur.

Can you imagine having that happen on a fly in trip or something?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

ftwwalleye

« Reply #7 on: Sep 25, 2016, 06:31 PM »
Yep glad you are O.K.  I hear that is a very painful thing to have. I'm sure you concur.

Can you imagine having that happen on a fly in trip or something?

No I can not. I'm sure gonna leave my wife more details when I go on trips by myself now. It would sure have ruined an Alaskan fly fishing trip for sure.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.