FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2017 Winni Derby partnering with BSA?  (Read 1869 times)

MikeF-NH

2017 Winni Derby partnering with BSA?
« on: Sep 28, 2016, 03:06 PM »
http://www.winniderby.com/

Looks like the Rotary and DWC of BSA are partnering to bring the event back in 2017. I know for some of you that is awful news though for many others this is good news. Has anyone heard anything of this partnership and how the derby may change? I have seen nothing on the DWC website but am interested in what drew BSA to partner here. I couldn't see them doing this for the money and the event does not seem to fit into their mission statement but I am interested to know about how this partnership was formed and how it benefits BSA.

zwiggles

Re: 2017 Winni Derby partnering with BSA?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 2016, 04:20 PM »
That's great news, and thanks for sharing the link. I know I was looking forward to it last spring, and was bummed when they cancelled it.

After reading your post my reaction to BSA getting involved is I think it would draw some additional members for BSA. I'll admit I am speaking from ignorance as I have never participated in scouting at any time, but it seems to me that people who like to fish may see scouting as another way to get out and enjoy the outdoors. I would assume (ya I know the saying) that the chapter sponsoring the derby is in it to promote memberships in their group. I know that BS membership has dropped in the past 20 years, and I would imagine they are trying to target a more engaged audience to get new members.

I am also interested to hear how they may tweak the format of the derby.

hardwatergrampa

Re: 2017 Winni Derby partnering with BSA?
« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2016, 09:13 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.