FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Important message  (Read 6578 times)

bigr

Important message
« on: Oct 10, 2016, 06:58 AM »
On the November ballot will be a question 1. It's very important to vote yes to preserve our hunting fishing trapping outdoors rights. Check out https://www.nraila.org/campaigns/2016/indiana-right-to-hunt-and-fish/  for details. Spread the word. Seems we always have surprises on the day of the vote, helps to know what they are talking about.

troutline

Re: Important message
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2016, 08:33 PM »
Will do

Gartoon

« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2016, 04:46 AM »
 :thumbup_smilie:

bldfrt

« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2016, 01:57 PM »
http://inanimalrights.com/right-hunt-fish/

A buddy just sent me this out of the blue so I sent him the link from the op. I can't say which one is right and am unsure which way I'll vote probably for hunting and fishing but it made me think it was less of a no brainer. I'm curious to hear other people's thoughts on this

High Flags

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2016, 09:13 PM »
The question is why is Indiana finally getting on the bandwagon. Oh wait… this is Indiana.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

High Flags

« Reply #6 on: Oct 12, 2016, 09:16 PM »
LOL.....so ture

High Flags

« Reply #7 on: Oct 12, 2016, 09:24 PM »
They need a special section about public water rights in Indiana.   Seen my access to many spots disappear over the years.  Indiana should have access points to every public Lake or river.     

taxid

« Reply #8 on: Oct 14, 2016, 06:37 PM »
They need a special section about public water rights in Indiana.   Seen my access to many spots disappear over the years.  Indiana should have access points to every public Lake or river.     

I'd be happy just to get a 10 mph speed limit on ALL the lakes with public access for a few hours in the morning and in the evening. Like it was at one time. Some lakes are downright dangerous with boats moving at high speed in all directions. Then there are the speed boaters and jet skies that have no courtesy for fisherman.

I have a cousin that can't swim make the mistake of going out on Clear Lake east of Fremont with a 12 foot boat. He came back in really fast when waves were going over his transom.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Oct 14, 2016, 06:41 PM »
takes more money to build access. or just better money management.

And since it reduces adjacent property values there is a lot of pressure on prospective sellers to not sell for an access site. I know of one elderly lady that was interested in selling that was threatened with bodily harm.

OTOH Tri-state Bait and Tackle was almost bought for a public access site. I was told by the property owners that the person associated with the IDNR was so far off the property's appraised value it insulted the property owners and negotiations were halted. The property is still for sale though.

indianahooker

« Reply #10 on: Oct 17, 2016, 06:50 AM »
from another author, but what do you think? I know the author and his views as a sportsman are true.  spin in the wording to trick??

Right to Hunt & Fish Amendment In Indiana Sucks Vote NO!
 Public Question #1 will present Hoosiers on election day with a seemingly harmless amendment to our constitution- "The right to hunt, fish, and harvest game in our state."
 It seems that the propaganda used to get voters to vote yes for this amendment is effectivly convincing nearly everyone to vote without thinking twice...
 Sales pitch #1: It is supported by the NRA, (Which many, if not all of us support) and....
 Sales Pitch #2: Since all of the the nutty animal right's and anti hunting groups are against it, so, it MUST be good- Right?
 WRONG!
 Take a breath here and think about this... This amendment to Indiana's constitution is dangerous. Here's why:
 The dangerous part of the proposed amendment Reads: "The people have a right, which includes the right to use traditional methods, to hunt, fish, and harvest wildlife."
 The dangerous part here is: "which includes the right to use TRADITIONAL METHODS"
 I am primarily a catfish angler-- so I don't know much about the history of traditional hunting and trapping methods, and what good or bad may come from resurrecting all of those traditional methods and making them a constitutional right to do - So, I'll leave that to my hunting and trapping buddies to think about it, and I'll talk about the part I do know. The FISHING part.
 As a catfish angler who has spent the last 10 years fighting for regulation changes in this state for catfish, I know exactly what "The right to use traditional method's" WILL mean to the sport angler. Especially the catfish angler, because catfish are especially vulnerable to traditional mass harvest fishing method's and gear....
 It mean's that if you vote yes, and this amendment to the Indiana constitution is made- Noodling, snagging, gill netting, hoop netting, and use of other "traditional" tools and methods of fishing and mass harvest that are now either regulated or flat-out illegal because they violate fair chase ethics, damage fish populations, etc., will become a constitutionally protected right for ANYONE and EVERYONE... it is a commercial fishermen, meat hoarder, and paylake owners, dream come true.
 Constitutionally protected rights are d**n near, if not completely impossible to regulate, and there will be no changing your mind after you vote yes, and then realize later the grave mistake that you have made by voting yes- and it WILL BE your fault.... Your fault that you have let yourself be be tricked and fooled into voting yes by those who would do massive harm to our states fish and wildlife resources.
 Conservation and fair chase ethics are not considered with this amendment. Doing whatever the hell they want to do is the intention.... being able to fish and hunt however, and with whatever they wish. THINK!
 The ability to hunt and fish in Indiana is already a protected privilege for all of us under the public trust doctrine. Amending the constitution to create a fundamentally protected right is redundant-
 The real intention here is to SNEAK-in the "right to use TRADITIONAL METHODS", and make it stick forever- make it a constitutionally protected right.
 I'M VOTING NO!
 And to be very clear- for those who don't know me... I am completely a protected privilege to hunt and to fish for sportsman who give fair chase and do it ethically... BUT!
 I am NOT for handing over our Fish and wildlife resource's and becoming DEFENSELESS to fishers and hunters, who have no ethic's or respect for fair chase and conservation-
I will not vote to become defenseless to the hunters and fishers who crafted and pushed this amendment to make their unethical, mass harvesting methods an irreversible, constitutional right for themselves and those just like them.... a right that will encourage tragedy of the common's, type behavior in this state. (google it)
 It is too late for many states who sportsmen and women have unwittingly adopted this nightmare into their state constitution without thinking about it first, but thank God that Hoosiers can still avoid it in ours... vote HELL NO! Bill Avery. Share.

bigr

« Reply #11 on: Oct 17, 2016, 11:54 AM »
Sounds as if the author believes that all the limits and regs will no longer be legal and also believes that some special interest group supported by the NRA is trying to put something bad passed us. He also believes that all the other states that already have wording like this have been shown how bad it is. I'll vote YES and hope majority will also. I don't believe changing wording in constitution will open the use of methods and equipment that are now seldom used and may also be illegal. It's intent I believe is to make anti's efforts much more difficult. 

wallin

« Reply #12 on: Oct 29, 2016, 10:45 AM »
From what I have seen from others is vote NO, its away for our local Gov groups to remove it from the DNR who have done as good a job as were let to.
Wallin

libo

« Reply #13 on: Oct 30, 2016, 09:58 AM »
my opinon,   there is nothing in the bill that states the use of traditional methods apply. and it doesn't change the way the dnr works with the state gov. this bill will not effect me i'm 66 years old. but you may want to think of your children & their children.      VOTE YES.

Get_the_Net

« Reply #14 on: Oct 30, 2016, 04:29 PM »
From what I have seen from others is vote NO, its away for our local Gov groups to remove it from the DNR who have done as good a job as were let to.

????.  The DNR does not pass laws.  The general Assembly does.  The DNR makes recommendations for statutes/rules/regulations and changes..  Local govt., never has and never will have any say in what is done on state owned land and water.  Nothing in this bill changes that.  Many states with fishing much better than Indiana has have passed similar amendments with no ill effects on hunting or fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.