FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Favorite River  (Read 612 times)

kfishdoctor

Favorite River
« on: Oct 10, 2016, 07:28 AM »
Went to the Kaskaskia this weekend and found conditions just right. The 2 previous trips were a bust because high and muddy water, but it was game on this trip. Had my younger grandson with and we had a blast. Weather was perfect, fishing was easy and we had it all to ourselves for most of the time. Our canoe can get to places farther up river then most are willing to go with their boats and it pays off. I love fishing for whites and sauger. Whites were running 12 to 14 inch, a little down from last year but the numbers were good. We kept 25 each day and caught 38 on sat and 32 on sun. Fished from noon to 6 and 9 to 1. Sauger were 2 at 17, 1 at 18 and sun 1 at 20 being the biggest one we have caught to date. I think the best is still to come. Fall weather has just begun down there and its at least 2 weeks behind last year if not more. Crappie fishing was slow and the ones we caught were small 7to 8s. If the river stays good its gonna see me again this month.

bigr

Re: Favorite River
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2016, 08:48 AM »
Sounds like my kind of trip. Good job. Your right about weather being late this year. I trap fox and yotes and most years we have had a few days of frost by now. None yet and none in the forecast the next couple weeks. Season opens the 15th.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.