FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Somebody forgot to tell the stripers......  (Read 1003 times)

rivereddy

Somebody forgot to tell the stripers......
« on: Oct 12, 2016, 06:43 AM »
That it's October, not the 4th of July.  Stripes were boiling at several Indy area lakes yesterday. 2 inch blade baits about the size of the
yearling shad were the ticket.  I started out trolling, but when they started firing all around the boat, out came the spinning gear. October
10, in a tee shirt and light slacks.  Just another example of the wacky weather we've had this year.

fish on,

rivereddy

Boomer

Re: Somebody forgot to tell the stripers......
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2016, 09:00 AM »
Any size. Sometime I would like to get into some like that with my fly rod and a streamer patters.  That action can be fast and very exciting. Hitting a school of 5 - 8 pounders would be a gas.

bigr

« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2016, 09:19 AM »
What indy lakes have strippers? Your right about the weather. I think we're a month late on the cooler weather from the norm. No frost forecasted anywhere in the near future either.

Boomer

« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2016, 01:49 PM »
No frost forecasted anywhere in the near future either.

Bigr - come on up to LaPorte area. National Weather Service has a possible frost on Friday morning. I think this will be in low lying areas and not widespread.  Sure is helping with the heating bill - and the fact my furnace does not work yet!

bigr

« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2016, 03:27 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I love this weather. Hope it last til it warms up. I prefer to fish from a boat or shore over ice any day. That's not saying I don't love ice fishing.40 for low in Wabash area Friday morn then warmer each night for awhile.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.