FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Auto chart live question  (Read 1978 times)

prospector

Auto chart live question
« on: Oct 16, 2016, 11:19 PM »
 I just bought a zero Lines card for my helix 9.  I was able to successfully download my maps to it. When I put the card in my 597, I am not seeing  my contour lines.  Any idea on what I am missing as far as steps I need to take to resolve this issue? Both units have been upgraded to the most recent software.  I was just hoping one of you seasoned guys that run this program could help me out. Thanks in advance!

massNtrash

Re: Auto chart live question
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2016, 09:34 AM »
You may not like this answer but it is what you have to deal with. Autochart Live data is only visible on units that have autochart live plain and simple. In order for a map to be used on your 597 you must use the regular autochart via a pc. This uses a different kind of recording format to make it visible on older models. It is possible to record both autochart live data and regular autochart data at the same time. But as you stand right now you will have to remap everything that you have already done unless you upgrade your other unit to a unit that has autochart live built in.
Rippin Lips!

prospector

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2016, 05:56 PM »
Thanks for the reply. That is a bummer for me for sure.  It sounds like even if I buy the PC program, I will still have to remap the lakes I want then? The lady at Humminbird lead me to believe that I could take my existing maps and load them on to a disk with the Software and then my 597 would be capable of seeing them.  No biggie either way. I still needed to have the zero Lines  card for my helix nine unit anyway. I may just sell my 597 and make my nine A portable unit for winter time. Might even have to get another nine or 12 for the front of the boat.  Do you run auto chart yourself? If so, I might have to talk you into getting together with me and showing me a few tricks on it. What part of Wyoming are you located in? I am in Byron. Take care , Joe 

massNtrash

« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2016, 08:09 AM »
Joe
Ok so I just talked with my Humminbird guru contact and he said that with the newest patch for the Autochart PC program you can now convert the Autochart Live data that is already saved on your Zero Lines card to make it visible on your 597. This still means that you have to buy the PC program but it saves you having to remap everything again.

I currently have been using my Helix 10 SI to map using the Autochart live but have also been recording the raw data for the PC program as well. I haven't bought the PC program yet though. I essentially did the same thing you did, bought just the ZL card and use it in my Helix to save the Autochart Live data on in conjunction with the Lakemaster chip. I also have a smaller Humminbird unit that I use on the ice (386ci I believe) that I would like to get my maps on to use when driving out to my spots. Seems like that will be easier to do now with the newest patch to the PC program. I guess in the future I will stop recording the raw data and save me some room on my ZL card. I have also considered making my helix a portable unit but it is just too big and bulky and I feel like it would drain batteries quickly, not to mention that it doesn't have an ice fishing mode on it (You could use jigging mode though but I like the flasher screen).

I would be glad to help with anything that I can with your helix or Autochart. I am in Pinedale but I do make it to Boysen at least a couple times a year. What body of water are you trying to map? Boysen is an HD lake via Navionics which is surprisingly accurate, their phone app is well worth the $10 to use while ice fishing.  Bighorn Lake (Yellowtail) is an HD lake on the Lakemaster chip also if that is where you are fishing just so you know.

Let me know if I can help
Ryan
Rippin Lips!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.