FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Kentucky lake  (Read 3556 times)

crappiecrusher34

Kentucky lake
« on: Oct 21, 2016, 08:10 PM »
Am heading down to Kentucky lake, Big Sandy area.In a few days I havnt  fished much outside of Indiana. Mike and I are fishing in the crappieusa classic next weekend. Not looking to win just catch some nice fish, the experence will be a treat it self.Anyone have any tips on lake ,jigs, colors ECT. Good places to eat? Baitshops? It's a vacation for me, first time I have took a week off in very long time. Works a little slow timing couldn't be better. I normally spider rig but open to ideas. Thanks PM me if need. Kentucky lake stories welcome also.

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
Re: Kentucky lake
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2016, 05:29 AM »
Wow sounds like a great time. Hope you get on some big ones! Good luck!

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2016, 04:20 PM »
Well decided to change one of the tires before we take off Monday and it was a blessing, wheel bearing were shot. Had a extra wheel hub assembly in boat.Just in chase. Got caught once like that this year other side of boat on the way to ramp. Should roll a little better now. Boats packed up, new line on poles.Trailer nights check oh no, hit the breaks and I lose all my tr lights. Running lights and turn signal work fine till I got breaks. Maybe a short?? Any ideas?

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2016, 08:18 AM »
The ground is usually the bad guy. Check and see if everything is grounded correct.

fishcrazy

« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2016, 07:02 PM »
Definitely sounds like a ground wire is loose. Have fun

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2016, 08:15 PM »
The ground is usually the bad guy. Check and see if everything is grounded correct.

Been there done that this year!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2016, 08:22 PM »
Well I think everything is going to be all right. Never found problem but there working now. Trucks pack about to take off. Be on the water in Tenn. in morning. Crawling out of my skin can't wait to get a jig in the water. Got some backstraps to finish off and some campfire  cobbler to take care of also. Thanks everyone ,hope to have some pics up this week on crappiecrushers on FB.

Jig_Head

« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2016, 01:18 PM »
Dude nobody wants to go to facebook to see your pics. Put em on here. That's the point

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #8 on: Oct 31, 2016, 08:19 PM »
Had a blast down there on Kentucky lake. What a good fishery. I couldn't go 50 ft with out finding brush, stake beds. Lots of nice fish easy to find there's a ton of 10 half to 11 inch fish in lake. It has to be ten inches to keep down there but 90 percent of the fish I caught were keepers. There's plenty of big fish too. It's a crappie hunter dream lake. There's a ton of ledges, u can't drive with out GPS. 20ft to 1ft in no time mile out from shore. The weather was a ten for the week, lite winds,cool mornings,sunny afternoons.Fish were biting all day. The people in the area were also great and very helpful super nice,everyone says hi and ask how's the fishing. Bait is shinners down there and I really like that. Wish are bait shops only carried crappie shinners. Really no need for flatheads. But I'll save that for another day. Tournment was great,Kyle shannheir and Rodney won with almost 22 pounds. Two best in the county right now. Capp and Coleman also was in top five. Had 90 boats in pro and 115 In amauter. Mike and I came up with some nice fish on day one fell back a pound on day two. But had the best of times. Took 35th in the pro side. We should have fished the amauter side would have been in 13th place and in the money. Are boat was a bit small for the lake to do any moving around. Crappie USA put on a great classic  and I'll be back down next fall for it. I learned a ton down there from some really good crappie fishermen. If u get a chance to go down there I wouldn't pass it up.  Should have a few pics up this week on FB.     Now to explain why I don't post pics on here. My phone won't do it doesn't have the capable. I don't own a computer or have cable tv. I own fishing rods and guns. Am old school I guess. Mike takes care of that part of it. And that's were they get posted, U don't have to have FB to look at it just Google it. Sorry for inconvenience. Thanks everyone Good luck out there it's about to get really good on the water here in Indiana.

Jig_Head

« Reply #9 on: Nov 01, 2016, 05:06 AM »
Glad u had a great time, I been waiting to hear about it. Congrats on the tourny, 35th outta 90 in pro isn't bad at all. Did u spider rig? I didn't know about the phone and computer

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #10 on: Nov 01, 2016, 04:18 PM »
 We were spider rigging over brush. We just sat on a pile and waited for fish to come in to the trap. The shad would be roaming all night and in till the sun got high in the sky. Then they would move into the brush hiding from predator fish. The crappie would come into these spots and pick the bait off the sides of brush.We just waited on them to bite. All are big fish came midday. Are biggest was on jig, teaser white and chartreuse. Minnows produce most of are catch. The crappies were in big schools moving from pile to pile. We fished 12 to 16 ft of water. The tour was won in six to eight ft of water on flats. We didn't fish flats bc of the dam yellow bass would jump on all the lines when I would be trolling looking for next pile. 

Piggyn

« Reply #11 on: Nov 03, 2016, 05:11 PM »
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #12 on: Nov 04, 2016, 05:46 AM »
?  Where from Indiana.

Jig_Head

« Reply #13 on: Nov 05, 2016, 01:12 AM »
?  Where from Indiana.
I believe he was looking at the link posted of the results and looked up 35th place but the results were for  the amateur side not  the pro

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #14 on: Nov 05, 2016, 08:21 AM »
Oh I see 39th sorry. My mistake. Fat fingers

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.