FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: There was a little Jap in the air . . .  (Read 1320 times)

bogtrotter

There was a little Jap in the air . . .
« on: Oct 22, 2016, 04:53 PM »
"He means `Nip'" - - from Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

It was indeed nippy outside today while I was fishing this afternoon, with temperatures hovering in the mid to upper 30's.

Most of the time, there was a slow but steady drizzle - - but for a time, it actually turned to sleet.

Despite the inclement weather, I braved the elements to fish the East Housatonic in Dalton and the West Houstanic in Pittsfield.

I was fortunate enough to hook and reel in a 15" brown below the Depot Street dam on the East Housatonic, and a 14" brown underneath the Clapp Park trestle on the West Housatonic, as well as a pair of bookend 10" dace (one on each stream), before calling it a day to dry off and warm up.

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
Re: There was a little Jap in the air . . .
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2016, 07:26 PM »
Good job on the fish! I thought you was talkin tattoo or Herv'e villechaize ha
done dirt cheap!

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2016, 11:11 AM »
Nice I was out in the afternoon and it was sleeting on me a bit.  I also got a brown...

LENZ

• Member of the G.O.D.S
« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2016, 07:27 AM »
you need to get a camera
soft water fishin' is for softies

burp

westernmas

« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2016, 09:38 AM »
I made the trip up to the Deerfield River on Sunday morning.  Boy was it windy.  On our way up to the Fife Dam there were 2-3 times that we had to drive off the road to get around downed trees.  It was a little nerve racking thinking that at any minute a widow maker could come down right on top of you.  Three of us fished a couple different sections and although the wind made casting w the fly rod more than difficult I landed a couple of cookie cutter bows.  I was just happy to get the skunk off with the conditions we had.  I'll try to post a pic if/when photobucket decides to work.

Bow pic

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

bogtrotter

« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2016, 02:26 PM »

I made the trip up to the Deerfield River on Sunday morning.  Boy was it windy.  . . . [Although] the wind made casting w the fly rod more than difficult, I landed a couple of cookie cutter bows.

I'm just impressed you were able to cast a fly at all with all that wind.  (I was using spinning gear). Congratulations on actually catching something.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.