FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: North to Alaska!  (Read 22983 times)

Swampking89

North to Alaska!
« on: Nov 06, 2016, 01:06 PM »
Heading to your great state the beginning of next sept.i will be staying near Denali .it's a land tour and cruise so I'll only be there for 2 days.looking for a short fishing trip near the princess lodge and what fish to expect.thanks in advance.

Mac Attack

Re: North to Alaska!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2016, 01:26 PM »
Awesome!!

Donna and I are doing this in 4 years too.
It's our retirement celebration cruise.

PLEASE - post tons of pictures and write up a nice report here on MFF of your trip.

I also want to fish while I'm up there and want some first hand advice.
We will be going in July as both of our birthdays are in July.

Good luck and I look forward to see how this thread materializes and grows.

Mac

Swampking89

« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2016, 02:15 PM »
Thank Mac! I'm not sure how to post pics but I can probably figure it out.my wife and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary! Can't wait!scratch that one off the bucket list!

Mac Attack

« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2016, 03:44 PM »
you have a second thread created on the same thing
not sure how you did that.
might want to go over and delete that one to keep everything in the same place.

Swampking89

« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2016, 06:10 PM »
One is on the ny thread and the other is on the Alaska thread.

Swampking89

« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2016, 05:52 PM »
I figured I might get some impact from someone who knows the area.thanks again and I hope you have a fantastic trip!

Swampking89

« Reply #6 on: Nov 07, 2016, 05:58 PM »
I read your stuff on the ny thread. I do Oneida lake thread. Not a lot .mostly a lurker.but lurking is better than not fishing!

Swampking89

« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2017, 02:34 PM »
We will be stopping by ship in Skagway ,Ketchikan and Juneau . Any short trips from them?not sure how long we will be in each port.any suggestions would be helpful.thanks.

Swampking89

« Reply #8 on: Apr 19, 2017, 04:37 PM »
Ok, it's gotta be thawing out up there by now!you guys gotta have some help for me.it doesn't have to be all about fishing,any help about any fun stuff at these ports would be great! Can you tell i'm excited?Yeah!!

O

« Reply #9 on: Apr 19, 2017, 06:25 PM »
I can't help you with fishing recommendations, but we did the same trip last August.  I hope you get to join the 30% club!

If you are on a land/sea cruise, you won't really have too much time in port to go off on your own.  They leave you just enough time to do an excursion on shore and spend a little time walking around town before you need to get back on the ship.  The excursions offered by the cruise line gaurantee that you will be onboard before the ship sails, otherwise, you are SOL.

Some of my favorite parts....Bus tour of Denali, lots of wildlife, take the longer bus, it's worth it.  Telketna, definitely a place like I have never been before.  The train ride from Denali to Whittier, awesome.  Bring a deck of cards, it's a long ride.  Whale watch in Jenuea, wow!  The train ride in Skagway to the gold fields, and then the suspension bridge walk.  Of course, the glaciers and views from the ship all along the way.  We ended our trip in Vancouver and spend an extra two days there, well worth it, one of the nicest cities I have ever been in. 

My next trip to Alaska will be for fishing, no cruise ships.  I don't want to spend 4 hours on a boat for 1/2 an hour of fishing, I'd rather be out there all day long.  This trip was with my wife and sister and BIL to celebrate 25 years for all of us.  Next trip is for me. :-)

Swampking89

« Reply #10 on: Apr 21, 2017, 04:47 PM »
Any locals gonna help me out?read my posts and please help me out.i don't know if this is gonna be my only trip up there( I hope not!!)but if it is,I want to get the most out it!! Thanks.

Swampking89

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2017, 04:52 PM »
Help me out my northern bros!! Thanks!!

Swampking89

« Reply #12 on: Jun 10, 2017, 06:43 PM »
You guys even on this thread? Help this CNYer out! Boxing hall of fame parade tomorrow .right in my town!!many past champs and my grandson is marching with the band!!cant wait!!

ran7ger

« Reply #13 on: Jun 10, 2017, 08:37 PM »
 you would have better luck posting this on iceshanty.  even this time of year.
got a fish on the line and my boat on the water
and it's gettin' near time to take the cows to the slaughter

Swampking89

« Reply #14 on: Jun 12, 2017, 05:32 PM »
That's funny!!but if any locals want to help out,please reply or PM me.thanks!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.