FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: North to Alaska!  (Read 12571 times)

Swampking89

North to Alaska!
« on: Nov 06, 2016, 02:06 PM »
Heading to Alaska next sept.we will be staying in Denali at princess lodge and wondering how the fishing is around there.we are only staying there a couple days so looking for ashort trip.just want to say I caught a fish in alaska!any info would be thankful.

happy 5-shot

Re: North to Alaska!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2016, 04:34 PM »
I went there on my honeymoon 8 years ago.  We went mid august. We went on a fishing excursion out of Talkeenata.  We took a jet boat up the Talkeetna river to clear creek... caught fish on ever cast.  We caught sockeye, pink, silver and chum salmon... we were late for kings.  Saw a ton of eagles and grizzle tracks.  Make sure to take the longer bus ride through Denali.... you see a lot more wildlife.   Most excursions u can get way cheaper when u get off the boat!!

Swampking89

« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2016, 06:05 PM »
Thanks happy!i'm sure it's gonna be great anyways .mountians and wildlife is awesome!

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2016, 06:16 AM »
you will love it up there.
i went to king salmon for 10 days,[north of where you are going]
it was the BEST fishing i ever had
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2016, 11:51 AM »
Happy 5-shot....Made he same trip up to Clear Creek  in late Aug. many years ago.  Got in a good location and it was non-stop action for silvers until the jet boat came in late afternoon to take us back to Talkeetna.  What a day, all on a fly rod.

happy 5-shot

« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2016, 09:31 PM »
Blue...
We were floating skein under a Float.... don't think I could call it fishing...I would call it catching!!

Swampking89

« Reply #6 on: Nov 08, 2016, 04:37 PM »
Was that in the beginning of sept? I thought most of the salmon would be gone by then.but if some are still there I wouldn't complain!

kc

« Reply #7 on: Nov 17, 2016, 06:20 PM »
Just did that trip last Sept. (2015). I am pretty sure the fishing will be done that far up by then. If you are going up by ship, go fishing at some of the ports. I fished in Ketchican and Juneau. I caught pinks at Ketchican and silvers at Juneau. I brought a pack rod with me and bought a license in Ketchican.
Do an internet search for each area you will be for guides. In Juneau there is a young man named Abe that supplies you with boots and rods. I highly recommend him. In Ketchican we just fished in the creek at the edge of town. You can walk upstream and find hundreds if not thousands of salmon.
 If you want more info pm me.

off season

« Reply #8 on: Mar 16, 2017, 06:22 AM »
My wife and I are going to Visit my son and his wife in Ancorage , beginning of July! Any suggestions on Fishing or things to see?

kc

« Reply #9 on: Mar 16, 2017, 08:02 AM »
You can bank fish right in downtown Anchorage

Flukeman

« Reply #10 on: Mar 16, 2017, 10:12 AM »
I'm taking a cruise there August 2018 with 9 or 10 other couples. Are big fishing plan was to go for Halibut. Thanks for the tip on the Denali tour Happy.

Swampking89

« Reply #11 on: Mar 18, 2017, 04:45 PM »
We will be stopping at a few ports on our cruise. Scagway,ketchikan and Juneau.any short trips to catch a few?like I said ,if I could just catch anything in AK,I would be happy!!! Thanks again!

kc

« Reply #12 on: Mar 19, 2017, 08:26 AM »
We will be stopping at a few ports on our cruise. Scagway,ketchikan and Juneau.any short trips to catch a few?like I said ,if I could just catch anything in AK,I would be happy!!! Thanks again!

See my reply #7 above. If you have any questions pm me

kc

« Reply #13 on: Mar 19, 2017, 03:27 PM »

Ketchikan

Juneau

Enjoy swampking89

Swampking89

« Reply #14 on: Mar 19, 2017, 04:14 PM »
Great info man!! My wife wants to check out the glaciers,maybe while I'm reeling!! But I'd love to see the glaciers too! Thanks again!?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.