FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wawasee  (Read 5037 times)

PEARCHEYES

Wawasee
« on: Nov 11, 2016, 03:05 PM »
Hit wawasee today a little rough out there today but the perch were putting on a feed bag I kept 20 The biggest one went almost 13 smallest 8.5

abishop

Re: Wawasee
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2016, 04:46 AM »
Congrats,

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2016, 06:57 AM »
Nice job! I love to fish Wawasee in the fall. Good times!

kesdadddy7597

« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2016, 12:36 PM »
Can I ask how deep you were finding them?  I was thinking of going perching myself here in the next few days.

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2016, 08:00 AM »
Nice job! I love to fish Wannasee in the fall. Good times!

I need to get over there next week and find some gills. I'm only 10 minutes from the lake.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2016, 01:07 PM »
Hit wawasee again today the wind was not my friend .Managed 10 keepers  biggest right at 11 LOVE THOSE PERCH If only I had some vacation left!

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2016, 08:51 PM »
Hit wawasee again today the wind was not my friend .Managed 10 keepers  biggest right at 11 LOVE THOSE PERCH If only I had some vacation left!

I seined some out of my pond yesterday at just over 14 inches. Does that count?  ;D Seined about 50 yellow perch from 3 to 14 +. Moved about 20 in the 13 3/4 to 14 + range to my back holding pond to be removed next spring for sale when they are bursting with eggs. I was surprised at how developed the eggs are already.

Did you catch any plump egg filled females?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2016, 04:07 PM »
Most were females

taxid

« Reply #8 on: Nov 14, 2016, 07:01 PM »

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #9 on: Nov 16, 2016, 07:51 PM »
Took half day vacation and hit wawasee around noon .Did some searching and found them in 8 to9 ft flats .Kept 32 today several at 11 one right at 13 the rest 8 to 10 I'm wondering if they are filling up to get ready for the spawn anyways another great day to be out enjoy this
 Incredible weather because I think it's coming to screeching halt

fishinpo1e1

« Reply #10 on: Nov 16, 2016, 10:54 PM »
Took half day vacation and hit wawasee around noon .Did some searching and found them in 8 to9 ft flats .Kept 32 today several at 11 one right at 13 the rest 8 to 10 I'm wondering if they are filling up to get ready for the spawn anyways another great day to be out enjoy this
 Incredible weather because I think it's coming to screeching halt

I was out there today too. Caught many smaller perch and a few 8" and one nice fat 12". Perch do have eggs in them. Hooked what I think was a giant pike. It never realized that it was hooked. 4# LINE BROKE ON ABOUT THE 6TH RUN. Also had several giant gills, more round than long.

LundProv

« Reply #11 on: Nov 17, 2016, 10:43 PM »
Curious as to what search technique you all use for perch.  I went to maxi during the super moon and used my anchor lock on the 8-10' humps.  I had no idea what I would catch but simply pitched a 1/16 oz jig/minnow and slowly retrieved this to the point that I could just feel the tick of weeds and caught several 8-9" perch.  So, to fish these flats, do you drift with slip bobbers set near the bottom of just what is the technique of choice?   Thanks for sharing information...

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #12 on: Nov 18, 2016, 12:10 PM »
I use slip bobbers and perch minnows  aka just bigger flathead minnows and keep minnows about 5 to 8 inches of bottom . I anchor down and if no action in 10 to 15 minutes  I move and repeat untill I found active school .the bigger perch will generally be away from smaller ones in my opinion

fishinpo1e1

« Reply #13 on: Nov 18, 2016, 08:07 PM »
Curious as to what search technique you all use for perch.  I went to maxi during the super moon and used my anchor lock on the 8-10' humps.  I had no idea what I would catch but simply pitched a 1/16 oz jig/minnow and slowly retrieved this to the point that I could just feel the tick of weeds and caught several 8-9" perch.  So, to fish these flats, do you drift with slip bobbers set near the bottom of just what is the technique of choice?   Thanks for sharing information...

I use slip bobbers, with split shot up high and a 1/32 oz. jig head dotted with a 1" squid and then a minnow or a bee moth. I put a bobber stop above the bobber and another below the split shot to keep the shot from sliding. The jig falls slower when the shot is up high as much as the rod length but normally 4' up from the jig and bait. For deep water I use the drop shot method and as small a split shot or bell sinker as it takes. If using a split shot use the round style without the wings to reopen the shot. This prevents spinning and weed catching.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #14 on: Nov 26, 2016, 10:07 PM »
Plan on searching for yellow bellies tomorrow hope the bite is as good as Lat time out!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.