FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Raymarine Dragonfly-7  (Read 1943 times)

reelrusty

Raymarine Dragonfly-7
« on: Nov 22, 2016, 07:40 PM »
Hey there all! Got my Cabelas Black Friday flyer the other day and see a Dragonfly-7 Pro on sale for $300 off regular price. Seems to be a good deal but I'd sure like to hear from some folks that have used one. I don't get to fish much any more but I'd like to set this up for a deep jigging (60 ft plus) ice fishing unit. Any thoughts if this should be Santa approved?

stripernut

Re: Raymarine Dragonfly-7
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2016, 09:17 PM »
I picked up a new sounder this past spring and was going to get the Dragonfly, having been a big fan of Raymarine (still am). When I got to play with one at a show, it would not do a split screen with a zoom... I do a lot of deep jigging and find that a split screen zoom to be very important, so in the end I went with a Garmin EchoMap and have been very happy with it... The Dragonfly looks like a great unit, just make sure it has all the features that you are looking for...

reelrusty

Re: Raymarine Dragonfly-7
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2016, 09:37 PM »
Yeah, the split screen zoom is definitely a must. Plan to use it for deep lake trout jigging. Ray marine L-470 was my first new depth finder. Had used garage sale units prior. Real interested to see if there could be some mid-priced graphs out there that folks have set up for this deep lake trout jigging application. Happy Thanksgiving all! ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.