FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Strictly Business Highlight Reel 2016  (Read 4303 times)

jibbs

Strictly Business Highlight Reel 2016
« on: Dec 01, 2016, 10:47 AM »
How to describe the season...started strong with some big fish being caught prespawn...however, overall it was a below average season...the low light was hitting a rock under power with the old lady rafting on lake winnipesaukee the second day school got out for the summer...I was barely moving and just getting underway but popped a rock in the middle of no where but due to the low water I just happened to hit it...caused damage to my prop and prop shaft...took forever for the insurance to file a claim and lost 4 weeks of summer fishing...caused me to fish in the back of someone's boat for a few of our tournaments, which affected my chance of angler of the year...however, cranked it up the last two months of the season and managed second overall behind my buddy bassranger and lunker of the year out of franklin pierce at 5lbs 12 ounces...fall was tough too..many of my favorite lakes were too shallow to launch the nitro...the weather was also rough most weekends but still gave it a go...lets hope winter brings good ice and little snow...looking forward to next year in the boat and trip back up to the top

Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

zwiggles

Re: Strictly Business Highlight Reel 2016
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2016, 11:53 AM »
Bummer on the low light of the season. Must have hurt to be on the lake without any wheels so to speak. Looks like you still managed some real nice fish though.

Thanks for sharing!

jibbs

« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2016, 03:59 PM »
Bummer on the low light of the season. Must have hurt to be on the lake without any wheels so to speak. Looks like you still managed some real nice fish though.

Thanks for sharing!
bummer is right..spent July swimming, drinking and laying in the sun..progressive took an ear full..should of fixed it out of pocket..it would of taken a week..
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2016, 04:44 PM »
Some nice bass Jibbs. Summer was good for me the Fall not so good. Going to look for more bass this ice season.

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2016, 05:45 PM »
Some great fish there, some tank smallies. I'll agree that the spring was the best time too, many spots just didn't have the 18"s I need to float off the trailer by half way through the season. Bummer on the boat, I hate riding peepee-hawk on the back of someone else's boat too... always fishing 2nd hand water. That sucks that progressive left you waiting. They're who I use and when Umbagog ate my Nitro during the memorial day storms 2014, I had a check for repairs in my hand within a week of the incident but never had downtime, despite there being 10g in damage it was all cosmetic except for the prop and I've got 4 for the boat. Let's hope for a stellar year of hard water... bring on 18"s of ice and a 1/2" of snow (just enough for traction lol).

jibbs

« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2016, 08:59 AM »
Some great fish there, some tank smallies. I'll agree that the spring was the best time too, many spots just didn't have the 18"s I need to float off the trailer by half way through the season. Bummer on the boat, I hate riding peepee-hawk on the back of someone else's boat too... always fishing 2nd hand water. That sucks that progressive left you waiting. They're who I use and when Umbagog ate my Nitro during the memorial day storms 2014, I had a check for repairs in my hand within a week of the incident but never had downtime, despite there being 10g in damage it was all cosmetic except for the prop and I've got 4 for the boat. Let's hope for a stellar year of hard water... bring on 18"s of ice and a 1/2" of snow (just enough for traction lol).
hatbeing a non boater...my claims adjuster needed a punch in the mouth...it fell right around the fourth of july so he was side tracked with booze and fireworks in his head and completely forgot about the claim...oh well, ill get it back together for next season

jibbs

« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2016, 09:00 AM »
Some nice bass Jibbs. Summer was good for me the Fall not so good. Going to look for more bass this ice season.
thanks...there were days with nice numbers and good bags weighed in a the tournaments but the water levels really messed things up...take care jibbs

jibbs

« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2016, 09:00 AM »
stealth those smallies are great...we have a special place up north that is the best for spawn fishing..

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2016, 02:48 PM »
stealth those smallies are great...we have a special place up north that is the best for spawn fishing..

I have a spot or two up there like that... Luckily most people only see "the big picture" and never look at the hidden gems around it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.