FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SLEIGH RIDES  (Read 1375 times)

abishop

SLEIGH RIDES
« on: Dec 06, 2016, 09:22 AM »
Was looking to book a sleigh ride for the wife. She has been wanting to go 4 years. Looked on web and only found a few in the Midwest. Would like to make it a day trip but, would consider a bed and break feast. Does anyone know of one near???

stripernut

Re: SLEIGH RIDES
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2016, 09:41 AM »
Thought you were talking about a Nantucket Sleigh Ride! LOL!  Good luck finding a nice trip with the wife, sounds like a good time!

bigr

« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2016, 11:06 AM »
I'd be willing to dig out my old car hood we used for sliding and hook it up to the four wheeler and pull you Over River And Thru The Woods. If we get a good base of snow you won't have to worry about the mud.

abishop

« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2016, 12:20 PM »
I'd be willing to dig out my old car hood we used for sliding and hook it up to the four wheeler and pull you Over River And Thru The Woods. If we get a good base of snow you won't have to worry about the mud.
Thanks but no thanks. That sounds like something from the hillbilly wedding show. haha

tomturkey

« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2016, 12:51 PM »
We used to sled on Norge tins, the reject doors from the Norge Refrigerator factory. I can imagine how well they would slide if pulled by a horse. Quite a few injuries from just sliding down hill.

Go to Mackinaw Island they must have some sleigh rides there as it is all horse drawn.

abishop

« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2016, 01:45 PM »
I am trying to keep it within a couple hours drive. I know there is a bunch in Wisconsin and Northern Michigan. 1 in Indianapolis (if ever enough snow), and a couple up near Grand Rapids, Mi. Looking for others.

Boomer

« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2016, 02:08 PM »
Sounds like a great idea - hope it pans out.

Or . . . this will give you such a big thank-you from your wife that you can buy that new .................?.................  you have been wanting or get you out of that doghouse finally  :D

Boomer

« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2016, 02:11 PM »
Just saw a post for Scottish Sleigh Rides in Bremen, IN.  It is also a B & B. I do not know anything personally but gives you something closer to look at.

Saylor's End of Trail Sleigh Rides. Walkerton, IN. is another I found.

What did we do before the internet?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.