FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Missy report  (Read 8660 times)

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
Re: Missy report
« Reply #30 on: Mar 04, 2017, 08:44 PM »
Neat show

bherr24

« Reply #31 on: Mar 04, 2017, 09:01 PM »
I fished missy this afternoon, stopped at red bridge and went upstream a bit near where the cliffs start on south side. Water appeared to be very stained at best and muddy at worst. Winds were also very strong from the east. Caught 2 crappie at the first spot in 90 minutes or so of fishing but both were slabs 12 inches long. Was hoping i could pick away at a small mess of those but it wasn't to be. That was all the action i had there , no other bites.  Left and went on the other side of bridge a ways in a little cove, found a little cleaner water but all i caught there was 7 or 8 dinks.  Packed it in after that, had all the cold and wind i wanted to deal with today. 60 tomorrow and a south wind, may try again.

chicagill34

« Reply #32 on: Mar 04, 2017, 10:37 PM »
Were you 1 of the 2 pu trucks parked off the road?? we as parked on the other side..went to that point and only caught 4 off of that and then tried the boat ramp area but nothing..picked up about 4 more at the dam and that was it..

chicagill34

« Reply #33 on: Mar 04, 2017, 10:39 PM »
Yes and that wind blew straight down the res,actually it as not too bad by the dam  windwise!!

bherr24

« Reply #34 on: Mar 05, 2017, 09:01 AM »
Chicagill i was parked in the pull off lot there on the south side. I was fishing that point in the middle of resi right before the cliffs. Might be same point u are talking about. Only got 2 there but they were nice ones. Warmer and a south wind today may turn em back on.

chicagill34

« Reply #35 on: Mar 05, 2017, 09:06 AM »
Oh ok that point...I was on the other side of the bridge fishing off that corner on the other side of the resi just about straight across from the boat ramp.

bherr24

« Reply #36 on: Mar 09, 2017, 09:52 AM »
Any update on water conditions at missy after the rain the other night. Looks like it went up 2 feet or so but is starting to drop. Just wondering about clarity.

bherr24

« Reply #37 on: Mar 09, 2017, 09:09 PM »
Well i went over this evening and found  muddy water at red bridge with some debris floating near the edges. I still caught a few nice crappie though up tight to structure but it was a slow bite for sure.  Left that area and tried slocum area on the way home and water still dirty but not as bad as red bridge. Caught 10 or so crappie there, all black crappie and only a foot deep.  Didn't get to fish too long, i will probably go back saturday even though it's supposed to be cold as long as the wind forecast stays light.

bigr

« Reply #38 on: Mar 10, 2017, 05:25 AM »
Good report bherr24. It's the time of year now that you catch fish about anywhere on resi. Sometimes takes alittle patience and work but a person can put together a mess for supper. I'm giving it a break to do some trail clearing at our property. It's a mess since the wind storm. Mushroom season is coming up and I want to be able to hunt from the trails off a four wheeler. Never to cold to fish or be outdoors. Just dress right.   

bigr

« Reply #39 on: Mar 13, 2017, 06:11 AM »
Good to run into you Bherr24 last evening. After we spoke I did shallow up to 18" and started working shore line. Ended up getting some real nice fish. Surprised me to get them that shallow but by paying attention to some fish breaking surface and where the fish were mostly biting prior to shallowing paid off.

bherr24

« Reply #40 on: Mar 13, 2017, 10:00 AM »
Good to see ya again big r.  Nice job on the fish.  I should have moved down there too i guess to some shallower water because the bite flat out stopped off the cliffs after i put that one fish in the bucket.  I only caught 2 fish after that, tried deep and shallow and they were not home.  I finally called it quits around 6, that was the 3rd spot i had tried yesterday and i was beat.

chicagill34

« Reply #41 on: Mar 15, 2017, 08:55 AM »
What will this cold air do to the Crappies now on the Res?? 

bigr

« Reply #42 on: Mar 15, 2017, 01:51 PM »
What will this cold air do to the Crappies now on the Res?? 
Very little. As soon as it gets warm enough for we humans the fish will still be willing. As the spring spawn gets closer the bite gets better. Water is clearing each day also which give us more confidence. If it gets above freezing this weekend i'll get out. This time of year rain is our problem not cold.

bigr

« Reply #43 on: Mar 15, 2017, 02:09 PM »
Here's alittle info from my log book. This is from same week.09-reenactment area up river, over 200 fish in four days.10-550 end road,30 fish one day.11-troyers bridge area up river.30 fish in two days.12-550 road end/red bridge area.75 fish in three days.13-red bridge area.100 fish three days.14-550 road end.500 fish in five days.15-Ice fished 550 road end.25 on last day and 100 three days later in open water.16-model airplane area up river. 100 fish in three days. Air temp and water temp varied but had little impact on fishing other than how far up river fish could be found.

chicagill34

« Reply #44 on: Mar 16, 2017, 06:59 PM »
Red Bridge was pretty clean today but the fishing was slow,nothing at the Slocum area niether. Ended up by the dam..dam is flowing minimal,had lots of slackwater to fish..brought home about 8 Crappies..mostly Blacks. Had a couple of White Bass as well but little ones that went back in..should be rocking pretty soon!!   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.