FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Missy report  (Read 8663 times)

bigr

Re: Missy report
« Reply #45 on: Mar 17, 2017, 06:49 AM »
Same here in the red bridge area. Very slow. Cold front turned them off. I'll try again today if not raining.

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #46 on: Mar 18, 2017, 04:51 PM »
Well I havnt seen the old girl in three weeks and am missing her. Mike and I are headed over in the morning to chase them around. It's warming back up so I hope the bite will be there tomorrow.

bherr24

« Reply #47 on: Mar 18, 2017, 08:09 PM »
I fished missy today near red bridge. Very windy and cold but caught 13 keepers and had several throw backs. Fish were deep 8 to 10 foot on tube jigs. Had about a 10 minute stretch right in the middle of the day where the bite was great and all big fish then it slowed way down and just picked away at em. Seen 4 or 5 other people out and they didnt stay long. Better weather tomorrow ill be back out. Water color is very good.

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #48 on: Mar 18, 2017, 09:39 PM »
Good to hear. Give me a wave tomorrow am sure will pass by at some point.

bubbagill

« Reply #49 on: Mar 24, 2017, 09:47 AM »
I saw they were dumping water pretty hard Wednesday from all three sites.  Is this in anticipation of coming rain or for another reason?  Also does that influx of water in the rivers help bring them in?   I am a new guy to this type of fishing.  I've only gotten into it the last couple years for a spring activitie for my son and I,  so I apologize if these are stupid questions.

bherr24

« Reply #50 on: Mar 24, 2017, 10:07 AM »
The flow increased because upstream got a lot of rain monday morning and afternoon. I havent looked but id bet the resi is muddy again. Good news is its already back down close to pool. Bad news is more rain comin the next 3 days. I would look for the spillway to be shut off later today or tomorrow. Imo the crappie bite will be good for a while when that happens based on my experience. The high flows do bring walleye in to spawn as well. Ive seen some caught recently.

Bobber Watcher

« Reply #51 on: Mar 24, 2017, 08:02 PM »
Thanks for the reports.

bherr24

« Reply #52 on: Mar 24, 2017, 08:35 PM »
Went over this afternoon, spillway had dropped almost 4 foot from this morning. Water was muddy. Caught 6 nice crappie and 2 largemouth. Bite should improve each day as water conditions improve and stabilize.  More rain coming though so who knows.   Resi was a muddy mess as well.

Walleyechaser96

« Reply #53 on: Mar 25, 2017, 06:07 PM »
Any walleye being caught?

bherr24

« Reply #54 on: Mar 25, 2017, 08:30 PM »
I caught 1 small walleye today about 13 inches fishin for crappie. I didnt see any others caught. Did come home with 15 nice crappie though.

Walleyechaser96

« Reply #55 on: Mar 25, 2017, 10:02 PM »
I caught 1 small walleye today about 13 inches fishin for crappie. I didnt see any others caught. Did come home with 15 nice crappie though.

That's nice to here!

bubbagill

« Reply #56 on: Apr 01, 2017, 06:35 AM »
Much of anything happening down that way other than mud lately?  I know we got a lot of rain this week just wondered how she's holding up.

bherr24

« Reply #57 on: Apr 01, 2017, 08:54 AM »
Lake is about 8 feet over winter pool and muddy. Went over before the rains this week on mon and tues and did very well on nice crappie downstream from the spillway a ways.  i ended up keeping 25 fish over 2 days all 10 to 13 inch fish. Threw back any under 10 in.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.