FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Salamonie or missy spillway?  (Read 5318 times)

bherr24

Re: Salamonie or missy spillway?
« Reply #15 on: Feb 11, 2017, 08:38 PM »
I fished spillway for a while on downstream a ways this afternoon, left there with 13 eaters. A couple real nice slabs around 13 inches.  Most were 9-10 inchers.  Bite for bigger fish seemed to slow later in day so left there and went across from red bridge on resi side. Only 2 guys fishing there and i was unable to get a bump there in an hour or so of fishing. Left there and stopped back at spillway on way home trying for walleye and my cousin went 0-1 on them. Fish got off as he tried to land it, probably a 17 or 18 incher.

bherr24

« Reply #16 on: Feb 13, 2017, 01:16 PM »
I went back to Missy yesterday and found the spillway about 2 foot higher then the day before. Caught a few, but not like the day before and only one good sized fish. I'm guessing the snow melt was the reason for the water increase. Looks like river upstream has went up again as well so probably going to get muddy again on resi.

bigr

« Reply #17 on: Feb 17, 2017, 12:44 PM »
Bite is back on. Did real well this mornining in red bridge area. Had to work different colors but found black and purple to be what made them bite. I don't change colors much normally but with the murky water and not getting the bites  made me mix things up. Glad I did. Keep 10 nice ten to twelve inches and threw back many more. Enjoy this spring like weather. Good fishing.

Walleyechaser96

« Reply #18 on: Feb 17, 2017, 01:32 PM »
Nice to hear I'm heading out this evening for walleye hopefully I get a few!

Frogpond

« Reply #19 on: Feb 17, 2017, 01:48 PM »
Does anyone have any condition reports from the Missy spillway? I am two hours away and haven't been there since I was a kid. Thinking about heading that way tomorrow. Any info or ideas would be appreciated.

TIA

bherr24

« Reply #20 on: Feb 17, 2017, 03:31 PM »
Good to hear big r. Heading over tomorrow with a couple buddies and was wondering how the resi was. We will give that a try and maybe the spillway depending on crowds. Frogpond the spillway looks to be a lower level right now. Did real good last weekend with close to the same level as of today. Problem is u never know when they r going to jack with water level. I dont see why it would change much tho considering lack of recent precip. Biggest problem this weekend will be the crowds of people with this nice weather.

Boomer

« Reply #21 on: Feb 17, 2017, 04:26 PM »
Does anyone have any condition reports from the Missy spillway? I am two hours away and haven't been there since I was a kid. Thinking about heading that way tomorrow. Any info or ideas would be appreciated.

TIA

Can I ask an approximate location you are starting from? I live near LaPorte and considering a trip there this weekend.

Frogpond

« Reply #22 on: Feb 17, 2017, 05:10 PM »
Opposite directionn. Coming from Connersville

bherr24

« Reply #23 on: Feb 18, 2017, 07:47 PM »
Fished resi this afternoon, just west of red bridge launch off the big sandbar.  Did decent. Not a fast and furious bite but enough to keep it interesting and most of the ones we caught were nice sized fish. I think we ended the day with about 20 keepers which i let my buddy take home. Another nice day tomorrow with lighter winds i'm sure it will be good again, just haven't decided if i wanna go back there or go hunt walleye somewhere. I did stop and try spillway for a short time before hitting the resi and didn't have much luck at all, only caught 3 little crappie.

Boomer

« Reply #24 on: Feb 18, 2017, 08:52 PM »
Opposite directionn. Coming from Connersville
Too bad. Use to live in Rushville (Arlington). Now I am north. You are going to have to make a trip to Michigan City some time for salmon/trout.

Walleyechaser96

« Reply #25 on: Feb 19, 2017, 06:33 PM »
Anyone do any good today?

bherr24

« Reply #26 on: Feb 19, 2017, 07:08 PM »
I just got back from the resi, fished the exact same area today as yesterday and only had 4 keeper sized fish. Caught 10-15 smaller ones. Bite was not near as good today for me for some reason. Stopped at spillway on way home and caught 2 white bass, seen one keeper eye caught there. Looked to be about 17 or 18 inches

Walleyechaser96

« Reply #27 on: Feb 24, 2017, 11:22 AM »
How's the walleye bite?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.