FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Finesse move......  (Read 1539 times)

rivereddy

Finesse move......
« on: Feb 07, 2017, 03:40 PM »
Well gents, the thunderstorms and lightning that graced Kentucky last night took care of my Blood River crappie
expedition today so when my wife asked me to meet her for lunch I said, "Sure."  When I woke up to 60 deg in Indy,
I realized the error of my ways......After she left for work I began working around the house until I saw my spinning
pole in the closet.  "Now wait a minute, I thought. It's only 9 and lunch isn't 'til noon."  I hit the local river and
was pleased when a couple of fat smallies felt the need to crunch twister tails.  I was home by 11:30 and we had
our noon meal together.  After she went back to work, (bless her), I had just gotten my retired self back to work
when again, you guessed it, I saw my spinning rod leaning in the corner.......  Round two produced a couple more
brown fish...........

fish on,

rivereddy

Jig_Head

Re: Finesse move......
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2017, 04:56 AM »
Nice man, way to get out there and enjoy the nice temps

kfishdoctor

« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2017, 06:43 PM »
Retired self back to work?  That dont go together and you sorted it out correctly. Now, what comes after round two?  Way to get em!

crappieslayer38

« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2017, 07:10 AM »
I'm getting the kayak out this weekend after some reservoir crappie. Will not be long and the crappie will be moving shallow. Tube time ::)

Boomer

« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2017, 02:07 PM »
I'm getting the kayak out this weekend after some reservoir crappie. Will not be long and the crappie will be moving shallow. Tube time ::)
  I am thinking about getting the yak out too. Maybe Trail Creek area at Michigan City or Missi.  I have a long weekend due to President's Day on Monday next week. Would love to get some fish to fill my freezer.

rivereddy

« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2017, 04:39 PM »
Ran back over to the local a few hours ago for round 3, and again connected with a couple of nice
smallies.  The water is still cold - low 40s- but clear an at a good level.  The fish are
still in deeper pools with reduced current.  Roadrunners with twister tails are getting
the job done.

fish on,

rivereddy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.