FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: So is the ground hog going to be wrong for 2017??  (Read 3277 times)

boondox

So is the ground hog going to be wrong for 2017??
« on: Feb 10, 2017, 05:30 PM »
Ground hog says 6 more weeks of winter with the amount of snow we got I think it going to be short.. lol's and will be on soft water very soon.. any one else have any thoughts on this??

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: So is the ground hog going to be wrong for 2017??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2017, 05:49 PM »
Yup! I have some thoughts on that.

I think it'll be winter till it turns to spring then summer...then fall. And......when the streams  thaw, we'll get out the waders and flyrods.

That's it.....all I've got.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2017, 08:53 PM »
Had a big flock of robins in my yard today eating the sumac berries...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2017, 10:38 PM »
I had robins in the sumac day before yesterday, too along with a pair of blue birds.  I also heard a turkey gobble the same day. 

Fifty days until trout season.   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

jibbs

« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2017, 10:59 AM »
I had about 4 feet of snow come down in 4 days...however, all my tournament gear came in yesterday
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

boondox

« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2017, 11:43 AM »
I had about 4 feet of snow come down in 4 days...however, all my tournament gear came in yesterday

Really cause our ice season sucked here we did not get much snow and no ice.. but a side note no heat attack from shoveling it.. by the way temp was 40*f this week end their predicing in the mid 50's for temp.. like 54 to 57 around here for three days stright.. so our ice season just went to pot..

perchgypsy

« Reply #6 on: Feb 26, 2017, 09:47 PM »
Had a hawk grab a blue bird right by the front window last week...spring is approaching  ;D

Spider1

« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2017, 09:41 AM »
been watching a steady stream of geese flying North for the last week. Then this cold front moved in and I saw them flying south again. Must be right on the edge.

CowDawg

« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2017, 08:01 PM »
been watching a steady stream of geese flying North for the last week. Then this cold front moved in and I saw them flying south again. Must be right on the edge.

Chez and I were out on the Susky river bank yesterday and the ducks and geese were flying in circles!!  They don't know what's going on...

Spring is making her entrance!!!  Probably will get a couple small snow storms yet but for the most part they will be melted in a day and the deep freeze is over!

And as for the Woodchuck!!!  He was out soaking in some sun yesterday on our way home.... 8)

Get the boats and yaks ready!!!!   Bought a nice Okuma reel on sale today and spooled up 3 !!!    My ice gear is already packed in my Tupperware tote till next season....  God willing...... :tipup:

Spider1

« Reply #9 on: Feb 28, 2017, 05:18 AM »
looked into my backyard yesterday afternoon and saw a bunch of Robins, starlings and a couple redwing blackbirds. All in one big bunch! Spring is here, the groundhog is wrong again!

Chuckles

« Reply #10 on: Mar 02, 2017, 06:01 AM »
Yeppers, wrong again...or was he ??

Last week of February I picked up 300 night crawlers.
First week of March I could have used the snow shovel to clear the sidewalk.

I wonder how those robins are enjoying their "freeze dried" worms?

Spider1

« Reply #11 on: Mar 02, 2017, 06:47 AM »
had some light flurries this morning. nothing sticking and it's gonna be in the 40's. Going to get cold again for a day or so and then back into the 40's and 50's. I'm sure the robins will be fine...

chris458wm

« Reply #12 on: Mar 02, 2017, 09:06 AM »
If I run into that d**n ground hog I'm going to introduce him to Mr. Remington for being wrong. 

Spider1

« Reply #13 on: Mar 02, 2017, 09:22 AM »
heck, it was wrong last year too... and the year before that! But I thought the movie was funny as hell! Don't drive angry, don't drive angry!!!!

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #14 on: Mar 02, 2017, 01:36 PM »
Wife had to brake for a ground hog in the road on Monday. I think it had a sign that said "Suckers"....h2l

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.