FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: A sure fire JINX  (Read 2797 times)

bigr

A sure fire JINX
« on: Feb 14, 2017, 01:21 PM »
Put the ice fishing stuff away and debateing whether to put snowblower away. What do you guys think? 60's sat/sun/mon. Spring is here right.

tater140

Re: A sure fire JINX
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2017, 02:35 PM »
I think i'm with ya... I'm going to get my boat out of storage tomorrow.  This is the first year I had it in a friends barn for the winter.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2017, 02:38 PM »
Ha.   You might have a good chance in Indy..  We're getting another 6 to 10 inches of snow tomorrow. About 2 feet in our woods..   But I was actually working on the boat..   The old electric trolling motor mount on the front was shot and needed replacement....  So don't put anything away, spring will come faster........ ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

tater140

« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2017, 03:45 PM »
I just get it all out at once.... ice shanty in the garage... boat in the driveway... kayak hanging off the ceiling, long and short fishing poles laying everywhere... you get the picture.  Just like I always tell the kids not to do  ;D

tater140

« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2017, 03:45 PM »
I just get it all out at once.... ice shanty in the garage... boat in the driveway... kayak hanging off the ceiling, long and short fishing poles laying everywhere... you get the picture.  Just like I always tell the kids not to do  ;D

rivereddy

« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2017, 09:54 AM »
I've got you guys covered for the last part of next week..... I volunteered to
work at the local outdoor sport and travel show at that time.  Conditions will
be perfect for fishing..............................

fish on, whad'ya mean I gotta go to work, fish off

rivereddy

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2017, 08:57 AM »
Put ice fishing gear away.
Had a Recall on new 30 HP Evinrude  E-TECH and took it to dealer yesterday, picking it up this morning.
Making a trip to Shishewana tomorow morning as had seam open up on boat cover. Bought a new one over there 4 years ago. Guy does a great job. He'll sew it while we do a bit of shopping and have lunch.
Won't be long til it's time to hit the water.
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

abishop

« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2017, 12:02 PM »
Had a Recall on new 30 HP Evinrude  E-TECH and took it to dealer yesterday, picking it up this morning.
Making a trip to Shishewana tomorow morning as had seam open up on boat cover. Bought a new one over there 4 years ago. Guy does a great job. He'll sew it while we do a bit of shopping and have lunch.
Teach
Preacher, I know a guy who works in Merrillville at the awning shop. He makes special custom covers and just about anything u need. He made a custom cover 4 my boat with reinforced stitching and double material in certain spots and only charged me 400 maybe it was only 250 don't remember it has been a while. pm me if you need his name and number. Just saying it might save you some time and gas money in the future.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2017, 03:48 PM »
Ice gear is packed. I'm digging out the bulk spools of Trilene to re-spool the trolling gear and other rods.

Hermdog

• lets go fishing, YEA BABY YEAAA
« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2017, 05:32 AM »
Ice fishing  gear stashed last weekend, gonna keep snow blower out for awhile, it's still February! That being said , headed for Eerie this weekend, they have been getting some hog Eyes trolling and vertical jiggin!! 

boondox

« Reply #10 on: Feb 17, 2017, 08:08 AM »
My ice gears been packed away since January. Lack of good ice snow thrower is still out but have only used it once this year .. talk about crappy weather around here was planning a trip today cancelled cause of ice breaking up and coming down the river..

fishcrazy

« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 2017, 08:13 AM »
I avoid the jinx and keep everything ready to go at a moments notice. Ice shack in the rafter over the bass boat . Let's fish

fishcrazy

« Reply #12 on: Feb 17, 2017, 08:18 AM »
Teach
           We are lucky to have many craftsman in our area . I have an awesome cover for the Nitro from a guy in Elkhart that has kept my boat fresh even on those fire trails in the UP.  Just bought a new yamaha jet boat and need to order the mooring/travel cover from Yamaha it looks top notch

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #13 on: Feb 17, 2017, 08:26 AM »
Thanks Al.
My cover was right at $400. Talked to guy yesterday and he said bring it over, repair for no charge!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

bigr

« Reply #14 on: Feb 20, 2017, 05:25 AM »
Leaving the snow blower out is paying off. This spring like weather is sticking around.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.