FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Spring Bite.  (Read 4762 times)

SLAYERFISH

Spring Bite.
« on: Feb 15, 2017, 08:27 AM »
I'll soon be sneaking across the border to rape and pillage (within limits) :D, the opening as we speak fine 'eye and Trout fisheries!  See you out there! ;D

slamber

Re: Spring Bite.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2017, 08:49 AM »
I agree, open water can't get here soon enough for me.

Speaking of out of state sportsmen, I suggest to the WY Game and Fish that all non-residents be required to provide their fishing locations and techniques to  any Wyoming resident upon request. ;D

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2017, 12:13 PM »
Looks like we are still at least three weeks to 6 weeks out for any lake to open up around here, but looking at toys for the boat, wanting an I-pilot for the boat this year just have to sell the bow mount I have now and then look at a new one.

SLAYERFISH

« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2017, 02:24 PM »
Looks like we are still at least three weeks to 6 weeks out for any lake to open up around here, but looking at toys for the boat, wanting an I-pilot for the boat this year just have to sell the bow mount I have now and then look at a new one.

Dont need or want a wide open lake.   That 75-100 ft slice of open is where it's at!

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2017, 07:58 AM »
We still have 2 to 3 feet of ice and the shores are holding nicely so more ice fishing here, but cannot complain when you can hit the ice at 35 degrees and get away from the house for a bit.  Good luck on the open shore lines and hope you get some more big ones.

CheyWyo

« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2017, 02:42 PM »
Was thinking about getting boat out and seeing if could do anything at Hawk Springs or Grayrocks, but that means have to clean the garage to unbury the boat. Maybe I'll check out plains lakes from shore to put off the chore.  Good luck out there.

wyomingchad

« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2017, 09:57 PM »
I will be at hawk springs Saturday and greyrocks Sunday with the boat. Hope to put an eye or two on the dinner table !

SLAYERFISH

« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2017, 09:37 AM »
Bwahahaha! Hooked up with the Ninja for opening day in the Slayboat. Boated 15, kept 8, missed 15. Lolling around in the sun, calm cloudless colorado bluebird sky day.

What a freekin great day Ninj!  It's good to have a bud that can play hooky like myself!

CheyWyo

« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2017, 04:48 PM »
Nice fish! You did better than I did but I had fun still. 19 inch ~3lbs. Lost one that was much bigger. Just got a glance but looked maybe 5-8 lbs and pulled like a truck.

SLAYERFISH

« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2017, 06:38 PM »
Nice troutski!  I can't wait-

htc

« Reply #10 on: Feb 17, 2017, 06:42 PM »
saw a picture yesterday on facebook north end of glendo open shore fishing cats.

-htc

fishinpharmacist

« Reply #11 on: Mar 17, 2017, 10:13 PM »
CheyWyo,

Which plains lake were you fishing?  I've gotten mixed reports on Hattie and nothing about Twin or Meebor.

CheyWyo

« Reply #12 on: Mar 21, 2017, 12:58 PM »
CheyWyo,

Which plains lake were you fishing?  I've gotten mixed reports on Hattie and nothing about Twin or Meebor.

I was at Hattie. It was a slow day, with only two fish in 5 hours, but I've learned to expect that from Hattie even if was hoping for ice off boost.

fish2473

« Reply #13 on: Mar 24, 2017, 08:58 AM »
itching for the ice to get off the lakes and get the boat out!

ejavalina

« Reply #14 on: Mar 25, 2017, 01:43 AM »
Nice catch, itching to get the long poles out ar start this season

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.