MFF US Midwest > Michigan
How about this weather??
(1/2) > >>
boondox:
Looks like great weather up till the weekend we got high winds in the 20 mph range as avargaes.for the last weekend in February . for two out of three days also the first week end in march the 3Rd  and 4th  look to have lots of rain fall. hopefully that clears out so we can get out!!  But that rain might cause the smelt to run? ?  time to check the smelt net out...
tomturkey:
Smelt that  sounds good. I have not dipped them since I started  hunting turkeys. Dipping half the night, cleaning the catch and then hitting the woods before day light does not leave much time for sleep when you throw in having to work.

There is little to no smelt run on the west side of the state any more. I have two old square lift nets hanging in the shed. The netting has rotted just hanging there.
boondox:
Yep looking at lake huron surface temp being 35* avarge and subsurface temp being around 37* we still got some time tIll smelt dipping goes on like march 1 to may 31 just got to get nets ready..
Raquettedacker:
Love it........... :D :D :D :D :D :D
dirtydeeds:
Floated the black creek in the canoe with my buddy this a.m, this weather is awesome!! I caught two small pike he caught a good buzz then he went to play golf and I went squirrel hunting. Great way to spend a warm February day off of work!
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version