FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Kinzua, Seneca Nation  (Read 26449 times)

catfisher

• Born to fish
Kinzua, Seneca Nation
« on: Feb 23, 2017, 12:13 PM »
 :(  FYI cost of rez fishing permit now $60. Marshalls are active, but nice. Caught some northerns, a walleye, some suckers. Comradery with other nearby fishermen was awesome. 

stickhick86

Re: Kinzua, Seneca Nation
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2017, 02:55 PM »
Thanks for the update catfisher.

gravelman

« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2017, 04:03 AM »
:(  FYI cost of rez fishing permit now $60. Marshalls are active, but nice. Caught some northerns, a walleye, some suckers. Comradery with other nearby fishermen was awesome. 

Just a footnote to your post. If over 65 years of age the Seneca Nations fishing permit is much less. I paid $15 a few years ago. Think they may have had an increase, but is cheaper for seniors. Also NYS rules DO NOT apply to Nations fishing regulations such as length of walleyes and season.

stickhick86

« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2017, 02:32 PM »
Would you happen to know if it is less for Disabled Vets?

gotagetm

« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2017, 07:36 PM »
I may be wrong but I believe state regulations do apply to all non native americans when fishing on res

gravelman

« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2017, 07:18 AM »
Stickhick86 the best I can answer your question going by the Seneca Nations handbook guide lines is: Disabled person (50%or more is $10.00. I believe they have had a raise in license fees since I got this guidelines in 2015. As for Nation rules and NYS they are not the same an example is Walleye limit 4 no more then one walleye 21".  A phone number for Seneca Nation Indian Marshall Department for Cattaraugus County is 716- 532-3040. Strongly advise to find proper regulations on the Nation as you can have a very bad day.

youngster

• Just Do IT
« Reply #6 on: Feb 25, 2017, 07:44 AM »
gravelman is right over 65 ,, 15 dollars,, got mine the other day.   

Hunter44

« Reply #7 on: Feb 25, 2017, 07:54 AM »
gravelman how come you not out fishing? Got my drill back ready to use it ha ha

stickhick86

« Reply #8 on: Feb 25, 2017, 02:38 PM »
Thank you gravelman

catfisher

• Born to fish
« Reply #9 on: Feb 26, 2017, 10:38 AM »
 Got the permit. $ 25 for minor ( 12-17). $ 10 if 50% disabled. Also have a 3 day $ 25. Walleye, Muskie, Bass, Crappie, Catfish all close March 8, Open May 1.  Northern, Bass also 15 inches You will get new rules & regs. when you buy permit. READ THE RULES. You Can lose all your equipment or sit in a cell until somebody shows up with $500 bail. Depends on your offense.

fishinjohn

« Reply #10 on: Mar 13, 2017, 06:40 PM »
I may be wrong but I believe state regulations do apply to all non native americans when fishing on res
Incorrect (to a degree)
First off.... season dates (PAY ATTENTION!)  Walleye pike crappie perch season dates are 1st of may till MARCH 8TH (changed this year) creel limit is 4 of 15" and only one person angler 21" and over(as stated above)
The biggest change besides the price hike is the season dates
Fished there last week... did pretty well... 4 outing yielded 21 legal eyes.. 2 over 21" a musky and a 6lb largemouth

gotagetm

« Reply #11 on: Mar 14, 2017, 03:53 PM »
thx john
I work down there a bit every year doing road signs and guiderail usually stay a motel on 219 and fish a bit on rez don't usually keep anything cause no where to keep them I get my rez license but I guess wasn't clear on regs

fishinjohn

« Reply #12 on: Mar 15, 2017, 05:54 AM »
thx john
I work down there a bit every year doing road signs and guiderail usually stay a motel on 219 and fish a bit on rez don't usually keep anything cause no where to keep them I get my rez license but I guess wasn't clear on regs

No problem gotagetm... glad to help out and clarify.. I pretty much live on that lake... I love the reservation waters.. from the lake all the way up the river into allegany where it returns to NYS waters... the allegany River system is undeniably a phenomenal fishery.. anybody to say otherwise doesn't know how to fish! Lol
If you have any other questions reach out and I'll help you or anyone else that I can!!

catfisher

• Born to fish
« Reply #13 on: Mar 15, 2017, 12:46 PM »

Fishinjohn  Where are you from?
 What area did you fish? Off shore or boat? I know everything will change by May 1st. I have a camp on West Perimeter Rd. I don't expect you to give up your favorite honey hole. Just looking for a little help. Been fishing that water since before the dam was built.  

fishinjohn

« Reply #14 on: Mar 17, 2017, 06:46 AM »
Fishinjohn  Where are you from?
 What area did you fish? Off shore or boat? I know everything will change by May 1st. I have a camp on West Perimeter Rd. I don't expect you to give up your favorite honey hole. Just looking for a little help. Been fishing that water since before the dam was built.  
I live about 30 min from the lake.. I just got a campsite on water this year over towards bone run. One day I fished off Bank and the other days I took my small River boat (big boat still put up). Fished from wing d**n up past highbanks.
The biggest advice I can give you for that lake is this... DO NOT get stuck on one spot! And do not DO NOT be afraid to try "out of the box tactics"
Every year is different down there last year I found a good school of fish all the way into June  (from may 1st) in 25-30fow. I wasn't able to capitalize on a shallow bite last year (some guys did) but I was able to get my limit ALMOST every time out

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.