FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Kinzua, Seneca Nation  (Read 26450 times)

fishinjohn

Re: Kinzua, Seneca Nation
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2017, 08:07 AM »
Yea she's not looking good for the weekend at all... I think I'm gonna pass and skip tourney.. won't be many people fishing either

Pikeplower32

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2017, 06:38 PM »
Fishinjohn! Has the water calmed down yet? Wondering if you made it out again. I've been itching to get out there. Took last Saturday off of work but with the washout I never made it out.

fishinjohn

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2017, 05:46 PM »
Haven't made it out again... the plan is to smack the water a couple days this weekend.. they've slowed the outgoing water a little bit,  but scheduled to be back to summer pool in a couple days...
Bite is so so.. some guys getting them good, others not so good.

fishinjohn

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2017, 09:25 PM »
2 legal fish 1 short and 1 white bass. Fished from 5-8.. water color is good, water levels are good.. just gotta get some more time in the water.... all day Monday is a go

fishinjohn

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2017, 08:06 PM »
Wind was awful today... had one of the toughest days on the water I've had in a long long time (very humbling day) 1 short eye, 1 perch.. water temps 53°

Frankie Bags

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2017, 07:47 PM »
Finally made it out there this morning. Fished off the Highbanks area in 8-15 FOW. Landed 4 short walleye, 2 perch, and got into some nice crappie right before I had to pack it up. All were caught on orange jigs tipped with piece of night crawler.  What a nice body of water Kinzua is. I'm hoping to get out at least a few times this year. So much to explore.

fishinjohn

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2017, 05:27 PM »
Finally made it out there this morning. Fished off the Highbanks area in 8-15 FOW. Landed 4 short walleye, 2 perch, and got into some nice crappie right before I had to pack it up. All were caught on orange jigs tipped with piece of night crawler.  What a nice body of water Kinzua is. I'm hoping to get out at least a few times this year. So much to explore.
It'll take you a lifetime to figure it out  (fished it 35+ years and I'm still learning)
Weather pending I'll be down Saturday evening aft work to enjoy the first night of the year at the camp

Mac Attack

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2017, 08:36 PM »
It'll take you a lifetime to figure it out  (fished it 35+ years and I'm still learning)
Weather pending I'll be down Saturday evening aft work to enjoy the first night of the year at the camp

Yup.
Fished it the first time back in 77.
The raising and lowering every year moves things, including the fish.
But it's a beautiful world down there.
Even if not catching fish.

fishinjohn

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2017, 04:47 AM »

Yup.
Fished it the first time back in 77.
The raising and lowering every year moves things, including the fish.
But it's a beautiful world down there.
Even if not catching fish.
Not too many bodies of water to fish  that the opportunity to catch a MONSTER of ALMOST ANY  species of fish that one might want to catch and to hear Turkey's gobbling and then to see bald eagles soaring and diving to catch fish all in the same day.. The zoo is undoubtedly a great lake to fish.. one day you can smack the eyes hard and 10 hours later get skunked.
But I love that place!!!!

FrankM

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2017, 08:48 AM »
I started fishing there back in 77 as well. Limit catches of 10 walleyes were easy to get at that time just bottom bouncing with a worm harness.  Lost a lot of tackle on logs and rocks.  Caught my fish of a lifetime there in 78, a 21 lb northern.  Almost 40 years later I still haven't got anything close to that monster.  It is a beautiful place to be and fish.
Kool Aid Kool Aid, Tastes Great, Wish we had some, can't wait.

Mac Attack

« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2017, 09:09 AM »
It is a beautiful place to be and fish.

X2

gravelman

« Reply #56 on: Jun 11, 2017, 04:09 AM »
I enjoyed reading the fishing reports on this post but they seemed to vanish what happened. Maybe the guys are tight lipped, or the fish are. I have not been able to get out this year due to a chronic illness that keeps me home. Good luck to all you guys fishing Kinzua lets get this post active.

fishinjohn

« Reply #57 on: Jun 11, 2017, 06:45 PM »
There aren't many other than myself that post on here (that's what it seems like) so I only post so much...
I have only hot the zoo a few times. Have not found a "stellar" bite..  it have found plenty of fish. Was at camp today, took kids boating, tubing, let them swim at camp while I mowed and cooked lunch.. tomorrow a.m. headed back down for some action!

gravelman

« Reply #58 on: Jun 12, 2017, 05:21 AM »
Thanks fishinjohn for the update. The waters will be getting busy with traffic as school is getting out this week. Seen a picture of a nice Walleye caught in the Olean Creek in Sunday's Times Herald paper. It was 29" long and weighted 7.5lbs. caught by a Olean High School junior. He released the fish which I thought was very good on a trophy fish like that.  Good luck to you fishing.

fishinjohn

« Reply #59 on: Jun 12, 2017, 08:19 PM »
Ok.. I'll give a full report in today's outing just to keep some info going on this thread.... today wasn't a horrible day but it was definitely a day of grinding for a few fish.. I ended up boating 3 legal eyes (all over 16" and all under 19") and a 26" pike).. 1 short eye and 4 white (silver) bass..  each legal eye was in different depths, so no way to really say what depth the fish were at.. one was in 17 fow one was in 24fow and one was in 7 fow (that came at high hot sun 130pm) and pike was caught in 22fow.. all caught in different spots! Windy and hot but great to be out!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.