FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lightweight hip boot suggestions  (Read 1989 times)

ougot1

Lightweight hip boot suggestions
« on: Mar 08, 2017, 10:20 AM »
I am looking for some new hip boots, I would like to try some of the boots with the lightweight material on the top, I have seen quite a few options  but could use a little help from folks that have worn these boots , any help appreciated  THANKS

derik

Re: Lightweight hip boot suggestions
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2017, 06:06 PM »
If you are talking about the hip boots that are pvc coated nylon or similar material above the shin, I have never had good luck with them.  Always end up with a hole or tear within a month of use.  The only hip boots I buy now are lacrosse rubber hip boots. 

xjam721

« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2017, 04:38 AM »
If your talking about hip weighters I'd buy cabelas that way you would get a life time guarantee.

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2017, 10:39 AM »
The Cabelas/Herters Three Forks Hip boots are junk

boondox

« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2017, 05:07 PM »
Simms or ??? If looking for rubber I would try red ball.. if neopreen go for cabelas... I had Hogman wade lites I would avoid to...  I had the wader version of those a little bug spray on them and are now toast.. have had good luck with my 56.99 cabelas classic stocking foot neopreen waders.. even when using bug spray.. no problems with them I think simms is same way with bug spray??  And bug nets are a pain in the arse so your tick and skeeter bitten no matter what ..

gunn308

« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2017, 08:25 PM »
Go Lacrosse and never look back if they hold up for trappin they hold up for fishin.
Oats that have already been through the horse are always cheaper than oats that haven't!

boondox

« Reply #6 on: Mar 31, 2017, 01:27 AM »
These are on sale for $29.99 if you sign up for a email coupon b4 you check out they give another 15%off  don't know if these even appeal to you so just seen these in the local paper ad..

http://www.fieldandstreamshop.com/p/pro-line-pvc-hip-waders-16plim70dpvchpwdrwad/16plim70dpvchpwdrwad

boondox

« Reply #7 on: Mar 31, 2017, 01:40 AM »
I fix my rubber, pvc, and neopreen waders with this stuff.. link below... make sure they fit correctly if they don't you will split them very easy.. that's the biggest reason they split is incorrect sizing in hippers..  there's not much section for hippers. ..  I showed at link above  are nylon bounded to pvc  wich is a little lighter then rubber and stay more flexible then rubber...   just remember your going to need good socks and clothes under them to keep warm in them cause they at noninsolation..

http://www.memphisnet.net/product/2515/boots-hip

saltyshores

« Reply #8 on: Apr 01, 2017, 07:00 AM »
he only hip boots I buy now are lacrosse rubber hip boots. 

x2.   I have worn LaCrosse hip boots almost all my life, wearing them almost every day, except in winter for fishing, hunting, and lobstering. They last well.

filetandrelease

« Reply #9 on: Apr 01, 2017, 07:22 AM »
Stay clear of frogg Toggs  light weights , where the boot attaches to the upper  is where they have a problem , I wish ranger still made hip boots , lacrosse makes a great boot , I'm looking at some compass 360 wade wear
I to use magic patch works well , but on my neoprene I prefer aqua seal ,

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.