FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Chamberlain Release??  (Read 7564 times)

JoeGG

Re: Chamberlain Release??
« Reply #15 on: Mar 26, 2017, 07:19 AM »
Seahunts explanations are all right on target!

A cheater certainly wouldn't be in a stacker, that's merely for a 2nd rod if you can only have 1 downrigger on each side of your boat OR I will sometimes use that above my speed and temp probe or my attractors to avoid any risk of tangle.

A cheater should only be about 6-7ft, as Seahunt said you would have to hand line the fish once your terminal tackle hits the tip of your rod.

Hey Scott,

You renting Woodys for the derby this year? Im finally going to be able to fish the entire derby.

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #16 on: Mar 27, 2017, 10:06 AM »
Pretty much giving up on the Derby Joe. Going to Lake O the week before for the Spring LOC derby....when the smallest browns you are catching are twice the size of the biggest Winni salmon and the cost is less, we got a house there for the whole week for $400, it just seems like more fun to me.

-Scott
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

JoeGG

« Reply #17 on: Mar 27, 2017, 06:12 PM »
Pretty much giving up on the Derby Joe. Going to Lake O the week before for the Spring LOC derby....when the smallest browns you are catching are twice the size of the biggest Winni salmon and the cost is less, we got a house there for the whole week for $400, it just seems like more fun to me.

-Scott
That sounds great man!! Good for you guys. Have fun!!

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #18 on: Mar 28, 2017, 12:43 PM »
Thanks Joe, I hope you are well!!

If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

gorilla head

• tbe back porch II
« Reply #19 on: Apr 06, 2017, 08:59 PM »
Am I missing something? aren't stackers illegal to use in NH? Can't you only have one hook or the hooks that are on one lure per rod? I know you can use them in Maine but NH??? any info will be helpful.
Thanks
GH

boondox

« Reply #20 on: Apr 06, 2017, 10:05 PM »
Am I missing something? aren't stackers illegal to use in NH? Can't you only have one hook or the hooks that are on one lure per rod? I know you can use them in Maine but NH??? any info will be helpful.
Thanks
GH

If your allowed one hook per line then it's illegal don't do it then.. but you could run Chamberlin releases with a second rod two rods per down rigger one on ball and one up high depending how many rods per person your allowed you could run 4 rods on two down riggers and all the dipseys and planer boards you can use as long as you can fit that many people on your vesel.. if you can only fit two people according to weight limits of the vesel now those two only are allowed two rods then you can only run four rods max that why knowing state regulation helps.. you should know your rules.. word of advise know them for your self don't trust others most of all on Internet seen a few Web site ocupants tell people flossing is legal when it clearly is not here in michigan..  best to Google your states dnr, Dec , or conservation departments or etc..  for your sate if not clear on rule ask the local athority having jurisdiction for clarification.. don't just do it..

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #21 on: Apr 07, 2017, 07:55 AM »
A stacker just allows you to connect 2 rods to 1 downrigger. It has nothing to do with hookpoints or additional lures. If you have only 1 downrigger, or 1 guy, you could use the stacker and still get 2 lines in the target zone.

If you have 2+ people on the boat and 2 downriggers, you can attach 2 rods to the 1 cable on each side and get 4 lines in the target zone. there is nothing illegal about using it unless you are breaking the law by having too many rods in the water.

Thanks
GH

dickbaker

« Reply #22 on: Apr 07, 2017, 08:43 AM »
 ??? Scott, do you use cheaters at Champlain?
Dick

boondox

« Reply #23 on: Apr 07, 2017, 09:35 AM »

@smells like fish

Don't know if this is true for NH bUT you could run 8 lures on four rods with a stacker  release and cheaters/slider releases  in michigan were  it's legal were 6 lures per person max and three rods. ...  but I think he is referring to this rule in NH were I am not fimilar with the regs.. so I would say if it says you can only use one lure per rod then you could stack them using Chamberlins. But can't use sliders/cheaters in NH.. if that's the reg..  and can't  run 4 lures two per rod.. or  8 lures for two people this would be illegal?? That's were you should know your regs cause you can't count on some one from out of state telling you your business..

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #24 on: Apr 07, 2017, 10:02 AM »
??? Scott, do you use cheaters at Champlain?
Dick

Hey Dick,
Big Jim says he enjoyed chatting with you at the Gathering!

Yes I have used them, but they end up being a pain in the a$$ for me more than anything, and id rather not have the headaches or tangles. I usually try them every trip for at least a little while but when im there, I run copper lines on the planer boards and usually just 1 line per downrigger.

@Boondox.....yes this is a NH regulation.

boondox

« Reply #25 on: Apr 07, 2017, 10:26 AM »
@Boondox.....yes this is a NH regulation.

Then for sure don't piggy back lures Lol's this is running two lures on one line like two yozuri's.. if running two rods for two people you could run 16 lures..but that's illegal..  any how thanks for letting me know the regs! To bad there is not universal reg from one state to another.. but that's what make America great is are freedom to vote lols.. and help make those laws by who we select.

dickbaker

« Reply #26 on: Apr 07, 2017, 02:03 PM »
 ;D ::)  Scott had a great time talking to Big JIm.   He asked if I might join you at Champlain?  Jim said that if I got his picture in Hawkeye  you would cover my room, beer and food during the LCI?? :-\   
Dick

boondox

gorilla head

• tbe back porch II
« Reply #28 on: Apr 08, 2017, 11:14 PM »
A stacker just allows you to connect 2 rods to 1 downrigger. It has nothing to do with hookpoints or additional lures. If you have only 1 downrigger, or 1 guy, you could use the stacker and still get 2 lines in the target zone.

If you have 2+ people on the boat and 2 downriggers, you can attach 2 rods to the 1 cable on each side and get 4 lines in the target zone. there is nothing illegal about using it unless you are breaking the law by having too many rods in the water.

Yes, but you can not use cheaters in NH isn't that true?  or can you use a cheater on one line  (one lure on the main line and one on the cheater and count that as your second rod?
Not every warden interprets the law the same way so what way are we suppose to know what is the actual law, does any body Know?

dickbaker

« Reply #29 on: Apr 09, 2017, 08:37 AM »
 ??? ::)  Dumping Spring sewage overflow into Champlain seems to be a regular event.   Terrible way to treat such a beautiful body of water.
Dick

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.