FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: I know some of you hunt.........  (Read 14522 times)

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
Re: I know some of you hunt.........
« Reply #30 on: Mar 15, 2017, 04:30 PM »
With our long seasons the deer do get a lot of pressure.
from the bumper when ya smash into em with the Silverado on the way home from work! I always say im gonna wait for that big buck then this lil 4pt comes along and like the cartoons I see a walking roast,steak, and jerky shaped deer with summer sausage legs and the rifle tends to take over my actions. I bowhunt in letchworth where theres an antler restriction already in place because I absolutely love the land there, have since I could walk, But with the ol 270. all bets are off and that freezer gets filled. AR's have their pros and cons but I'll vote against it, im a meat hunter when it comes down to it.
done dirt cheap!

reeleyz

« Reply #31 on: Mar 15, 2017, 05:12 PM »
Exactly Flukeman. If they wanted to protect young bucks they would go by antler spread outside the ears. That is tough to do though.

I am telling you, they don't care about young bucks. They just want more doe dead. Like Trapper said, they have an issue with hunter numbers declining and deer numbers increasing. It's only going to get worse with these mild winters.

Next will be earn a buck tag. Then you will really hear some whining, LOL!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #32 on: Mar 15, 2017, 08:05 PM »
remember the  general non hunting public  has nothing agaist a meat hunter   mention trophyhunting and  they  disagree with it
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

chrony59

« Reply #33 on: Mar 16, 2017, 05:07 AM »
A great piece of property can make Elmer Fudd look like a pro hunter ! Crappy property and your not going to kill a big buck no matter how much you scout and sit waiting for something that isn't there ......................just saying , I've been at it 40 years and killed nuts loads of bucks big and small !! To each his own ................
I would suggest getting as many hunters as you know to vote  ;)

skinny40

« Reply #34 on: Mar 16, 2017, 08:30 PM »
I think it would be better if they make a law saying you have to kill a doe and bring in its tagged carcass and they cut off an ear and give you your buck tag! That would bring down more doe and have more bucks around for sure. A doe for bow and one for shotgun, you would have to legally kill it and bring it in to a checkpoint.  I'll still just take what I can as fast as I legally can so I can spend my time on fish and small game. Deer season is ridiculously long if I had to spend it all hunting deer I'd quit.

Flukeman

« Reply #35 on: Mar 17, 2017, 06:02 AM »
I think the length of season is great for two reasons. 1st, most people I know are working at least 6 days a week to make ends meet. That gives us basically 8 days to hunt in a 2 month period.

Secondly, if you shortened it, people would probably not wait for larger bucks to come by. Theywould shoot first come,first served instead.

skinny40

« Reply #36 on: Mar 17, 2017, 07:13 AM »
What the long season does do for sure is makes it hard to hunt small game. Nobody wants us out there scaring off there precious deer. We used to use that time to take out the kids. Now the kids get left home to play on there iPads so we get a chance at that trophy deer. That first 3 weeks of bow is just ridiculous. Lots of kids are left home to miss out on the whole hunting experience. How does that help the sport long term? Goat season is just too long and it negatively effects every other season.

LP Steve

« Reply #37 on: Mar 17, 2017, 07:31 AM »
Well if the season is open and you either have permission or are on state land then you have every right to hunt which ever open season animal you want. Why can't you take the kids hunting with you for deer? Gotta learn the sport somehow. Even if too young they can sit with you. Anything is better than home with I pad becoming a zombie.

Flukeman

« Reply #38 on: Mar 17, 2017, 10:24 AM »
I hunt a lot of state land, love the small game guys! They push deer to me all the time ;D

trapper2000

« Reply #39 on: Mar 17, 2017, 10:45 AM »
gun bow black powder I deer hunt a lot but I line shooting bunnies squirrels and ducks as well  ,I never had a problem

SPN

« Reply #40 on: Mar 17, 2017, 10:51 AM »
I hunt a lot of state land, love the small game guys! They push deer to me all the time ;D

Exactly!!! I've seen lots and lots of bucks while grouse hunting and they are always there......Doesn't chase them away at all,  they are right back in there in a few hours.

My son just reminded me that I have always thrown the antlers away....even big ones that i took pictures of....Like I said, cant eat them anyways...
Kids Who  Grow up Fishing Hunting and Trapping won't rob little old ladies!!

LP Steve

« Reply #41 on: Mar 17, 2017, 12:09 PM »
Keep the antlers for the dog to chew on...real good for them and like 25 bucks at the store

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #42 on: Mar 17, 2017, 09:32 PM »
Trophy hunters don't throw away the meat and meat hunters don't usually mind shooting a trophy.  ;D
Nice job findin em

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #43 on: Mar 17, 2017, 10:15 PM »
All humans were born to hunt, wether they will or not depends on how they were raised.
done dirt cheap!

trapper2000

« Reply #44 on: Mar 18, 2017, 06:32 AM »
you are right  however we all still hunt weather we seek game in the woods  or we work a job for money to pat someone else to kill for us we are all responsible for something dieing to fed us . I have no issue with that , I do have a issue when we stray from good game management to a more politically correct approach  within the sporting  community , its a deer .who cares of it's a spike or 8 point , stick a arrow in it  ,back straps  are great either way

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.