FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: I know some of you hunt.........  (Read 14521 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: I know some of you hunt.........
« Reply #45 on: Mar 18, 2017, 06:45 AM »
Trophy hunters don't throw away the meat and meat hunters don't usually mind shooting a trophy.  ;D

this is true and I support ALL HUNTERS to bad in the hunting community trophy hunters don't support this principal  , the simple truth is the general non hunting public  does not support trophy hunting ,so don't push the envelope instead be a meat hunter that waits for a "BIG DEER" then no one hates you ! I blame all this on  knuckleheads on TV like jackie bushman the honest truth is  MOST hunters get a deer or two in the freezer then they  hunt for horns anyways .... first few days in the woods I make no bones about it ,if it's brown it's down after we have some meat then I relax and hunt for a big guy ... don't be a elitist
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

ecolt14527

« Reply #46 on: Mar 23, 2017, 02:24 PM »
Well he is my take on it after being a ECO for 34 years.  Some have touched on the point that genetics plays an important part. When I used to age deer I found many 3+ year old bucks that would be sub legal antlers under the proposed law. In fact I have aged a couple of 3 + year old bucks with 10 or 11 inch spikes. Do you really want these bucks passing on there genes ?
Another point is the hunters that drive deer (not my favorite type when I was in the field), a great many of those deer are running at full speed. Are the shooter or shooters going to count antler points ? What if it is dead and the hunter or hunters determine that the buck has sub legal antlers ? I know, in many cases it will be left of just portions of said deer taken. I have seen it with fawns that were shot and the shooter does not want to burn a tag on it. I'm not trying to imply that their are many bad hunters out in the field just the oppsite, just don't help the bad ones with antler restrictions.
JTP.

touge30

« Reply #47 on: Mar 23, 2017, 03:58 PM »
They pushed it far enough you want ars hunt in those areas.Dont try to push it down my throat.50plus year hunter still doing it but not as well.

Pequod1

« Reply #48 on: Mar 24, 2017, 07:24 AM »
The antler restriction proposal was dropped from the budget. Just call your senator's office to verify.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #49 on: Mar 24, 2017, 08:27 AM »
The antler restriction proposal was dropped from the budget. Just call your senator's office to verify.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Dug1898

« Reply #50 on: Mar 24, 2017, 08:43 AM »
That's good to hear, I've never seen any of those politicians who sponsored this bill in the woods hunting anyways...
 ;D
There's never been a better time to Stand Up for your First and Second Ammendment Rights than right now. 
Please join the NRA. They're my political voice.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #51 on: Mar 24, 2017, 04:00 PM »
I wish I seen a few  politicians in the  woods...... :whistling:
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Pequod1

« Reply #52 on: Mar 24, 2017, 04:21 PM »
I agree for the majority trapper, but there are one or two from western NY that do hunt and fish.  Unfortunately only a very few. In case you guys are wondering, there is a new crossbow law allowing their use the entire bow season.  This still is in the budget and if it isn't horse traded for a park bench in Central Park, it might just sneak in.

ecolt14527

« Reply #53 on: Mar 24, 2017, 06:10 PM »
Hey Trapper,
 What do y'all mean that you never saw one in the woods. Your a trapper like me and how many times have you seen one mess up a good fox or coyote set. You know, those black and white critters with the strip. Belong to the weasel family !!

gotabig1

« Reply #54 on: Mar 24, 2017, 06:47 PM »
I wonder when these bills will be voted on? Do they wait til they see if they've got enough support to pass before they're put on the calendar?

Somers

« Reply #55 on: Mar 27, 2017, 12:19 PM »
Pequod, can you provide a link to that bill?

The only changes I saw regarding their use was to amend the regs to make Cross Bow hunters take the Bowhunter safety course in addition to the Hunter Ed, fix the draw weight limits, and allow youth to use them during the early Columbus day season since they can use them in regular season anyway.

They will be classified as a bow and hence the hunter education changes, but nothing in the bill I saw about allowing them during the entire bow season.

Thanks.

Jrock

« Reply #56 on: Mar 27, 2017, 07:36 PM »
Does anyone else see the real problem here?  While you guys argue over horns do you really want Politicians over Dec deciding how to manage our deer herd?

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #57 on: Mar 28, 2017, 01:47 AM »
I wish I seen a few  politicians in the  woods...... :whistling:
they dont do much huntin n' fishin up here ya know,
But i have met a few squirrels and 1 porcupine!! ;D
done dirt cheap!

Pequod1

« Reply #58 on: Mar 28, 2017, 09:01 AM »
Pequod, can you provide a link to that bill?

The only changes I saw regarding their use was to amend the regs to make Cross Bow hunters take the Bowhunter safety course in addition to the Hunter Ed, fix the draw weight limits, and allow youth to use them during the early Columbus day season since they can use them in regular season anyway.

They will be classified as a bow and hence the hunter education changes, but nothing in the bill I saw about allowing them during the entire bow season.

Thanks.

The last update you read on the bills was March 9.  Since then a lot has happened. Namely, the bills are now in a budget committee and not on the Senate floor. This is still a  closed door process and only a select few of the Senate negotiate line items with the governor. My info comes from a western NY senator's aid from March 21.  He said that the antler restriction is DOA in the budget committee and that the crossbow legislation is still alive. He also said the reason the antler restriction is dead is because the initial bill was based  on 2005-6 data that was not relevant and therefore thrown out. Yes, crossbows will be considered as longbows and you will need a bow hunting stamp to get a license if this part of the legislation is still in committee. Also, it will be legal the entire bow season. Again, if it is still in committee. I will make another call tomorrow to find out any additional information. Unfortunately, not even he will probably know much until after the budget passes and we get to read it.

Somers

« Reply #59 on: Mar 28, 2017, 09:52 AM »
Got it.  Much appreciated and thanks for the follow up call too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.