FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ideas for mounting downriggers on lund alsakan side console 18'  (Read 7670 times)

boondox

Re: ideas for mounting downriggers on lund alsakan side console 18'
« Reply #15 on: Mar 21, 2017, 06:31 AM »
Could always measure the seat/storage area  wood to the gunal  in the back of the boat they sell a 6 inch and a four inch pedastal mount for cannon down riggers like at this link.. I would put a aluminum plateas as a backer so it dont rip out.. unless there is a storage door were you would mount it these are the best options they even have a swivel version..

http://www.starmarinedepot.com/cannon-downrigger-fixed-pedestal-mounts.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwnsPGBRDo4c6RqK-Oqu8BEiQAwNviCfBBRdvCbCDuAIyWtm6RZH5C4suijJGVfhn9dx3HRUoaAiiF8P8HAQ

JDK

« Reply #16 on: Mar 21, 2017, 07:28 AM »
Not a Lund but this is how my downriggers were mounted on my Crestliner.  Easy on and off.  You just had to make sure you mounted the board far enough forward so the motor tilted.  Aluminum would have been sweet.  I also wish I had mounted a rod holder so I could have run a  line down the chute.

# SAND

Turnbuckle

« Reply #17 on: Mar 21, 2017, 11:21 AM »
Not a Lund but this is how my downriggers were mounted on my Crestliner.  Easy on and off.  You just had to make sure you mounted the board far enough forward so the motor tilted.  Aluminum would have been sweet.  I also wish I had mounted a rod holder so I could have run a  line down the chute.

Two friggin nets...boy you guys are serious.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

JDK

« Reply #18 on: Mar 21, 2017, 12:15 PM »
Two friggin nets...boy you guys are serious.

;D ;D  We certainly are.  We found that one laying on the bottom near the launch. 
# SAND

Turnbuckle

« Reply #19 on: Mar 22, 2017, 07:26 AM »
;D ;D  We certainly are.  We found that one laying on the bottom near the launch. 

That's great. I had the opposite several years ago. Ran into a bait shop to dip my own smelts, and some ass stole mine in just a couple minutes I was in there.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

fish wayniac

« Reply #20 on: Mar 23, 2017, 06:38 PM »
That's great. I had the opposite several years ago. Ran into a bait shop to dip my own smelts, and some *** stole mine in just a couple minutes I was in there.
That is awful that people are low lifes enough to take right out of your boat.

Dukdog

« Reply #21 on: Mar 24, 2017, 09:03 AM »

18" Trakstec tracks, with backing plate under deck.  6 inch cannon pedestal mounts for the track

boondox

« Reply #22 on: Mar 24, 2017, 11:39 AM »
Dukdog great photo! those cannon pedstals are what I think the o.p. should use!! Same way!!or mount a rectangle aluminum tube across two of them then mount track to it?  But carefull of motor tilting point and hatches ..

Dukdog

« Reply #23 on: Mar 25, 2017, 07:16 AM »
The pedestals are handy because you can remove the rigger with the pedestal attached.
I added the whole handrail deal to help keep me on board when I'm working with the riggers.
They've worked out well.m

Dukdog

« Reply #24 on: Mar 25, 2017, 04:10 PM »
more pictures hopefully!

18" trak

PK186

« Reply #25 on: Mar 31, 2017, 10:38 AM »

Dukdog

« Reply #26 on: Apr 03, 2017, 07:31 AM »

Word to the wise about those 12 cannon mounts!!
I was driving over to Lake Ontario towing the boat when a car came up along side frantically waving and pointing back at my boat!! I pulled over and found my manual downrigger dragging g on the road only attached to the trailer by the cord on the cable  retriever!!  The base on the pedestal had fractured and dumed my rigger!!
There's a reason Cannon quit making those pedestals!  After that almost expensive adventure, I went to Aluminum pedestals. On  good note, Cannon would replace those broken bases back then.. Don't know about now???

PK186

« Reply #27 on: Apr 03, 2017, 03:04 PM »
Word to the wise about those 12 cannon mounts!!
I was driving over to Lake Ontario towing the boat when a car came up along side frantically waving and pointing back at my boat!! I pulled over and found my manual downrigger dragging g on the road only attached to the trailer by the cord on the cable  retriever!!  The base on the pedestal had fractured and dumed my rigger!!
There's a reason Cannon quit making those pedestals!  After that almost expensive adventure, I went to Aluminum pedestals. On  good note, Cannon would replace those broken bases back then.. Don't know about now???

You NEVER,NEVER,NEVER EVER tow with downriggers in the mounts. Mine are usually off at the dock or before. If people are at the dock loading or unloading boats I usually load up, pull off to the side and take the downriggers off and place them gently on the boat floor for the ride.
I wouldn't go on a fishing forum and tell that story.... ::)

Dukdog

« Reply #28 on: Apr 04, 2017, 06:58 PM »
Nice to try and share a little experience with someone and have it so well recieved!!  No wonder this forum only has a fraction of the following it had a couple years ago!

Denegrating comments like your insulting retort are part of the reason!  Quit being a Dick!!

boondox

« Reply #29 on: Apr 04, 2017, 07:14 PM »
Nice to try and share a little experience with someone and have it so well recieved!!  No wonder this forum only has a fraction of the following it had a couple years ago!

Denegrating comments like your insulting retort are part of the reason!  Quit being a Dick!!

Weres the like button..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.