FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Back in the day I..............  (Read 6325 times)

myemmy

Re: Back in the day I..............
« Reply #15 on: Mar 26, 2017, 12:06 PM »
I bet most of us still have that 1 st Coleman lamp also!

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #16 on: Mar 26, 2017, 04:51 PM »
I bet most of us still have that 1 st Coleman lamp also!
LOL.  I still do. It still holds pressure and every once in a great while I'll oil the pump seal.
I'll be dating myself, but I can remember bullheading with kerosene lanterns.  ::)
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #17 on: Mar 27, 2017, 03:04 AM »
Ha! I remember the old red kerosene lanterns too ;D

And, I still use the Coleman lantern I bought when my Bride and I first went camping together in 1970. It's in its original metal storage case and still has the original globe. I have the stove too.

Love stuff that lasts.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Unclegillhunter

• Green grass and high times forever!
« Reply #18 on: Mar 27, 2017, 07:08 AM »
Started out around 58 years ago with a Zebco 77. Still have it.
Keep it safe! JDL
Keep it safe! JDL

BLACK ICE

« Reply #19 on: Mar 27, 2017, 09:40 AM »

Back in the day.......My first fishing pole was just that a Bamboo pole with 12' of line a hook and bobber! I'm not kidding!

ssbob

« Reply #20 on: Mar 27, 2017, 10:12 AM »
when I was a kid I could not afford a zebco.  odd jobs and cashing in bottles finally bought a spinning combo from the local hardware store  nothing fancy but to me it was the best

Spider1

« Reply #21 on: Mar 27, 2017, 10:48 AM »
Black ice, me too... except I don't know if it was 12' long cuz I was only 3' tall and everything seemed 12' long to me, lol!!!!

jibbs

« Reply #22 on: Mar 28, 2017, 10:26 AM »
that I should buy every color of a plastic that I liked and take them out of the package and place them in a plano box...that I should change out all my treble hooks at the beginning of the season not realizing by mid summer they could get rusty in their boxes and finally spool up an entire baitcasting or spinning reel with expensive fluorocarbon or braid without putting any backing on
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

legend1

« Reply #23 on: Mar 28, 2017, 10:50 AM »
....watched an old man fly fish one late afternoon. i bought a flyrod the next saturday and tried to flyfish the battenkill river.....and secret service would not let me...president eisenhower was fishing it, so i had to ride my bike back home...20 something miles, lol

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #24 on: Mar 28, 2017, 05:42 PM »
....watched an old man fly fish one late afternoon. i bought a flyrod the next saturday and tried to flyfish the battenkill river.....and secret service would not let me...president eisenhower was fishing it, so i had to ride my bike back home...20 something miles, lol

Uphill.......both ways :rotflol:

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #25 on: Mar 28, 2017, 05:57 PM »
You guys are silly, I cant remember that far back..  Heck my bride says I cant remember yesterday... ::)       
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #26 on: Mar 28, 2017, 05:59 PM »
LOL.  My bride tries to tell me I remember things that never happened!   :o
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Spider1

« Reply #27 on: Mar 29, 2017, 02:17 PM »
LOL!! I , uh... what was the question?

JerryofWNY

• Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #28 on: Mar 30, 2017, 09:10 AM »

Some 60 years later, I feel exactly the same when I fire up my current outboard and head out on the water. Still a 7 year old at heart when it comes to fishing. Not much better than watching a bobber ;D

Rg

Exactly. The magic of fishing.
"Most folks are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be."....Abe Lincoln

geo315

• My favorite place.
« Reply #29 on: Mar 30, 2017, 12:31 PM »
The year 1957.  I was 12yoa.  Helped my father build a rock wall around our patio.  Late summer the job was done.  He wanted to buy me something for helping.  I said I would like my own fishing pole.  So, he took me down to the general store and I picked the only pole left.  It happened to be a fiberglass fly rod.  It had a medalist 1494  reel, which I still have and use, on it.  I guess thats the reason I got into fly fishing.    The fly rod has been beating around the family teaching the kids  and now the grand kids how to fly fish.  It has taught 4 of mine and 2 of the grand kids so far.  Needless to say, they are  stepped up  to better rods.  Geo.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.