FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The color is Green folks  (Read 2119 times)

TinkerS

The color is Green folks
« on: Mar 28, 2017, 04:30 PM »
Just trying to keep everyone's nose clean.  For those of you who don't know, and according to the warden that's a lot of us, the new boat validation decals are green this year and were required as of March 1.  I was on Holter this past weekend and a boat came around the corner and stopped mid lake.  I asked my boys "I wonder how many people have their new green tags yet?" as I went to get my binoculars.  Before I could get them to my eyes I realized that boat was headed towards us and those dark green jackets sure make those yellow patches on the sleeves stand out!  It was FWP.  I told my boys "here I was wanting to see if they had green tags but I bet they are wondering the same about us".  They pull up and first thing I notice is they didn't have the proper tags  :o.  I gave them a gentle ribbing and of course they had some sort of excuse.  Overall it was a pleasant encounter, but I am a bit disappointed that they told me I was the only boat they had seen so far with the proper tags.  I don't know how many others they had checked that day but we as sportsman/women can certainly do better, I didn't really see any pleasure boaters out, every one we came across other than the wardens were fishing.  Tight lines and safe boating everyone!     

boondox

Re: The color is Green folks
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2017, 05:47 PM »
Now you know wrere they got that boat with old tags.. they may have impounded it.. good choice have current tags.. just be thank full you obey the law like I said the encounter could have been worst like taking fishing gear or boat or vehicle and imprisonment.. that were people don't relize the down side to not obeying the law!

TinkerS

« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2017, 08:37 AM »
Ouch, outdoor life must be rough in Michigan.  I really wasn't worried about anything as I do my best to stay within the law.  I told them about fish that I had and they didn't ask to see the fish or the fishing license.  These boys seemed like good level headed fair wardens.  I don't know about the rest of the state, but our local warden was something else a few years back but our current warden seems to be a stand up guy. 

boondox

« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2017, 09:00 AM »
They probllay would have fined you before they would have taken the boat.. as for michigan out doors sports being tough it can be if your plain and simplely snagging your getting fines and maybe loss of licence for 3 or 4 year for for fist offence ..if caught on those 3 to 4 years you lose licence for up to 10 years...  if caught in that 10 years you lose licence permanently plus fines levied etc.. depending on the situation they can impound homes, auto mobiles , guns and fishing /hunting equipment involved.. like in these  two other situation one is selling game fish /animals parts of etc...   the last one is transplanting of  like planting fish with out permit etc etc like big head carp Asian carp.. as you can see why the fines are so steep??  for those two but best rule of thumb is don't do it then you won't  have problems...   like snag fish during salmon season and sell the smoked remains prepaird at your home to out of town people.. that's one of those you could lose your home and car and boat all in one fair swoop.. as for the amount of laws and the complexity of them to get perticular about this and that..  I would say ours are not bad new york on the other hand has a lot more regs that I would say some are rediculous  but still have to be followed.. no matter who you are while there .. it is what it is .. good to know there are a few out there like my self that try to follow the rules..

chris458wm

« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2017, 09:49 AM »
Really nice of them to come check to make sure you have the right tags when the boat they're using doesn't and make excuses, I'll bet if it was the other way around you would've gotten a ticket. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.