FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sally and Missy Report  (Read 8858 times)

Walleyechaser96

Re: Sally and Missy Report
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2017, 04:45 PM »
This may be a dumb question but what do you guys think the chances of catching a walleye at the spillways are?

Spooled85

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2017, 06:32 PM »
This may be a dumb question but what do you guys think the chances of catching a walleye at the spillways are?
I was there today , drove two hours to basically turn around and come home water is way up ! And moved fast our of the spillway tank is completely unfishable .... Did see a few crapie caught in the slack waters but wasn't much size to them

bherr24

« Reply #47 on: Jun 19, 2017, 12:52 PM »
Fished Missy sat and sun with my 9 year old son. Decided to try after some bluegill off the bank.  Did decent on saturday and excellent on sunday.  We left them biting last evening i already had more then i wanted to clean.  No giants but a lot of solid keeper 8 inch fish and a couple 9s. Was using red worms as bait, also caught a couple bass and a drum.  Threw a twister tail for some crappie late in the evening as they usually run minnows in close late in the day, but had no luck.  Was my first trip to Missy since before easter thanks to all the flooding. First time in a long time i did not fish the crappie spawn over there. Water is close to summer pool now and clarity was good. My son enjoyed it most importantly.

bigr

« Reply #48 on: Jun 19, 2017, 01:25 PM »
The missy will surprise you when it comes to the gils. Nice stocky fish. Did you fish the rip rap? I would like to get my dad out this week. Glad to hear you had a good time with your son.

bherr24

« Reply #49 on: Jun 19, 2017, 02:41 PM »
The missy will surprise you when it comes to the gils. Nice stocky fish. Did you fish the rip rap? I would like to get my dad out this week. Glad to hear you had a good time with your son.

Yes, the rip rap.  Found one area that seemed to be better then others after some searching. Found the spot late Saturday and returned on Sunday and it was slow to start. West winds were making the water very choppy and at times nearly unfishable.  Combined with the waves from boats it was tough.  As the day went on and the boat traffic left though it really turned on.  Every cast for a time.  Nice sized males the majority of the catch. Fishing bout 4 foot deep and only out about 10 to 12 feet off the bank. Was going to head over again this evening but they just scheduled ball practice for my boys all star team and since i help coach i cannot miss.  I may be able to swing over there tomorrow evening before baseball fills up the rest of my week and weekend

bigr

« Reply #50 on: Jun 19, 2017, 03:26 PM »
Your priorities are right. Fish will always be there but kids grow up to fast.  Thanks for the info and might see down that way some time.

rivereddy

« Reply #51 on: Jun 20, 2017, 03:30 PM »
Just got back from the tailrace.  They must have known I was coming because they dropped the discharge from 6.5 to 2.5 last night/this morning.
I drove up anyway, picked up a dozen minnows at Woody's and had at it. There were probably 15-20 people fishing the chute -  all on the east side.

There were gar everywhere, and a school of shad so large and thick that they darkened the water.  I saw all of the usual big river fish caught except
walleye or stripers.  I caught a bunch of crappie - mostly small- with a few nice ones tossed in and an 18 inch largemouth.  Almost all were caught
dead drifting a live minnow through the current seams.  When I ran out of minnows, I tossed a 1/4 oz ball head jig with a 2.5 " white twister tail.  This
caught larger crappie than the minnows did.

Got in a solid 3 hours of fishin'

fish on,

rivereddy

Spooled85

« Reply #52 on: Jun 20, 2017, 09:27 PM »
Nice report ! My favorite place to fish !!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.