FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 14675 times)

Neil McCauley

LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« on: Apr 04, 2017, 07:00 PM »
Open water edition  8)

^Ice-out March 2016, April 2015.... soon (?) 2017

Bartman44

Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2017, 07:41 PM »
Nice pics, and yes I need to get the boat ready.

jager61

• FB Page: NY Reservoir Trout
« Reply #2 on: Apr 04, 2017, 08:50 PM »
Ready and waiting.......! 😃

MK

LooseEye90

« Reply #3 on: Apr 05, 2017, 07:26 AM »
Nighttime temps above freezing, I already have my 2017 LGPC sticker AND the intact inspection tag from my last trip of 2016. Just need to untarp and start the engine. Anyone know when they will start the taging/inspection again? Guy at work also said inspections may start costing a few $(based on a LGPC poll he read)

ship of fools

« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2017, 07:46 AM »
Great pics Neil

Is that Gore in the background of the one pic?   It has too many trails to be Hickory i think.

Anyone ever ski Hickory?   What a rockin little place!

combsey going to catchem

« Reply #5 on: Apr 05, 2017, 08:17 AM »
Funny thing is that I've had the boat on george twice this year then it refroze.   Still looking fir my 1st open water salmon on george

LooseEye90

« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2017, 08:48 AM »
Funny thing is that I've had the boat on george twice this year then it refroze.   Still looking fir my 1st open water salmon on george

MDB or other? Wondering if next week is a possibility

lowaccord66

« Reply #7 on: Apr 05, 2017, 10:25 AM »
Ready and waiting.......! 😃

MK

X2 should have a 8hp 4 stroke on the back of my craft next week!  Want to get out there befote the offical LG boating season where they will enforce the tags.

chase88

« Reply #8 on: Apr 05, 2017, 11:02 AM »
ice was 200 yards north of shore at MDB this morning.....plenty of room to troll

Neil McCauley

« Reply #9 on: Apr 05, 2017, 05:38 PM »
Great pics Neil

Is that Gore in the background of the one pic?   It has too many trails to be Hickory i think.

Anyone ever ski Hickory?   What a rockin little place!

Yep, that's Gore. Never skiied Hickory but have at Gore. Liked it a lot but wish they had lights and were open after 4PM.

The ice by MDB loosened up a lot today, looks like it will be open for the weekend ! Hoping Northwest Bay Brook is too.

combsey going to catchem

« Reply #10 on: Apr 06, 2017, 12:02 AM »
I'll be out there on Monday morning

beerbellybob106

« Reply #11 on: Apr 06, 2017, 09:17 AM »
what is required to be on lake George? I want to get out there and fish in the next couple weeks just not sure what or if I need anything special as far as permits or boat washing station stuff.

LooseEye90

« Reply #12 on: Apr 06, 2017, 09:49 AM »
what is required to be on lake George? I want to get out there and fish in the next couple weeks just not sure what or if I need anything special as far as permits or boat washing station stuff.

Check out the park commissions site.

http://www.lgpc.state.ny.us

Long story short your trailered boat requires registration with the park commission (40$ and up for a year) and an invasive species inspection. Not sure when inspectors start, might be worth a call.

I know some folks chance it early season without permits or inspection but I saw them turning people away last spring and fall without permits and documenting trailers who launched without a tag before the crew got there. I was told it could be up to a $500 fine. I'd call it a crap shoot, was surprised how late in the season the inspectors were out last fall.

beerbellybob106

« Reply #13 on: Apr 06, 2017, 10:30 AM »
Check out the park commissions site.

http://www.lgpc.state.ny.us

Long story short your trailered boat requires registration with the park commission (40$ and up for a year) and an invasive species inspection. Not sure when inspectors start, might be worth a call.

I know some folks chance it early season without permits or inspection but I saw them turning people away last spring and fall without permits and documenting trailers who launched without a tag before the crew got there. I was told it could be up to a $500 fine. I'd call it a crap shoot, was surprised how late in the season the inspectors were out last fall.

thank you ill have to pick up the park sticker, I will most likely be launching at a private marina so not sure if the inspection thing will be an issue

LooseEye90

« Reply #14 on: Apr 06, 2017, 11:05 AM »
thank you ill have to pick up the park sticker, I will most likely be launching at a private marina so not sure if the inspection thing will be an issue

No problem, good luck! Maybe I'll see you out there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.