FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: How's Keelers Looking?  (Read 4658 times)

Perchbait

How's Keelers Looking?
« on: Apr 07, 2017, 04:16 PM »
Hello MFF members,
I was just wondering if Keelers Bay had opened up yet? Looking to get out there for some springtime salmon. Tight Lines, PB.
perch bait on IS, if you couldn't figure that out on your own. ;)

Perchbait

Re: How's Keelers Looking?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2017, 07:43 PM »
While we're on the subject of no ice, has anyone been by Arrowhead or Milton pond lately?

crayfish2

« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2017, 12:24 PM »
Keeler's and north side of Sandbar are now open for business!  Heard there were already 3 or 4 boats putting in at Apple Island this morning.  Now we just need the water to warm up a little to get things rolling.

dickbaker

« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2017, 06:19 PM »
 ??? OK crayfish?   Burlington water temp was up to 39 degrees this afternoon.    I won't move onto Keeler Bay until water temps are over 45 degrees?   But Creek temps are more likely to warm up soon?    Get  PB out on the IS next weekend and see if he can bring you some luck??
Dick

crayfish2

« Reply #4 on: Apr 11, 2017, 06:36 AM »
Sounds like a plan, Dick!  We trolled around for 5hrs on Sunday between the Winooski River mouth and North Beach with only 1 hit to show for it.  Water temp out there was 33.5 - 35deg, but I'm sure it will warm up quick with the weather we're having now.  Keeler's cleared out around Noon on Sunday and a buddy of mine made a couple of passes that afternoon.  Nothing.

dickbaker

« Reply #5 on: Apr 11, 2017, 04:19 PM »
 ??? ::)  We always hear about the fantastic fishing at "ice out"  But I usually wait a few days for the water to turn over and bring the salmon to the shallow water.   This weekend might be it?   Looking for your report before I make the  hour drive?
Dick

Fish Farmer

« Reply #6 on: Apr 14, 2017, 11:52 AM »
I talked with one boat pulling out of the Guilmette Access on Tuesday, morning salmon bite was good, water temp was 38 degrees.

dickbaker

« Reply #7 on: Apr 14, 2017, 03:49 PM »
I talked with one boat pulling out of the Guilmette Access on Tuesday, morning salmon bite was good, water temp was 38 degrees.

;D  Great new Fishfarmer!  Now if Crayfish and PB will give it the weekend?
Dick

Perchbait

« Reply #8 on: Apr 14, 2017, 04:04 PM »
;D  Great new Fishfarmer!  Now if Crayfish and PB will give it the weekend?
Dick

Sorry to disappoint you Dick, but we're going to stay on land this weekend. Going to be hanging out with family for Easter and doing homework, but I will be hitting Arrowhead for a couple hours from shore on Sunday. Next weekend it's all systems go as I will be on Spring break!

dickbaker

« Reply #9 on: Apr 14, 2017, 06:39 PM »
 ;D Great PB.  Lots of salmon waiting for the next weekend too!    I hope to be on Keeler that weekend too.
Good Luck ::)

Dick

dickbaker

« Reply #10 on: Apr 18, 2017, 05:02 PM »
PB,   Let us know how Keeler does whenever you get on the water.  The live cam hasn't  shown an boats so far??
Dick

crayfish2

« Reply #11 on: Apr 26, 2017, 12:36 PM »
Dick ... did you make it up this way this past weekend and join the giant FLEET that was on Keeler's?  How'd you do? 

Jacob and I caught 1 small salmon (~14"), a couple of pickerel and a couple of nice pike.  It was a great weekend for us overall, but a terrible weekend for salmon fishing for some reason.  We felt like we were doing everything right and tried many different lures but just didn't find them.  Sunday was understandable due to the # of boats and the bluebird day, but I really thought we would have found a few more on Saturday.

Let us know how you did!

dickbaker

« Reply #12 on: Apr 26, 2017, 07:38 PM »
Fished Tuesday until noon?   Two lines (one flat line and one  color of lead core)   Fished only live shiners.  Two small salmon, a nice small mouth and three pickerel.    I think I should have fished closer to the outer bay?   I had big hopes that the shiners might get me an edible pike like PB"s.
I won't fish again for a week or so?   I'm looking forward to the fish bunching up on the east side of the IS when I can set riggers and have more help!
Back at home now I'm waiting for the water temp rise another ten degrees so that I can catch enough crappie for fish fry?
Dick

mudchuck

« Reply #13 on: Apr 27, 2017, 12:27 PM »
Fished Tuesday until noon?   Two lines (one flat line and one  color of lead core)   Fished only live shiners.  Two small salmon, a nice small mouth and three pickerel.    I think I should have fished closer to the outer bay?   I had big hopes that the shiners might get me an edible pike like PB"s.
I won't fish again for a week or so?   I'm looking forward to the fish bunching up on the east side of the IS when I can set riggers and have more help!
Back at home now I'm waiting for the water temp rise another ten degrees so that I can catch enough crappie for fish fry?
Dick

Speaking of fish frys...I'm getting set up to have the annual one at work with the white perch I caught over the winter, about 18# of boneless-skinless fillets!

dickbaker

« Reply #14 on: Apr 27, 2017, 01:44 PM »
 ???  Mudchuck ???  Any special recipe.  White perch are great!
Dick

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.