FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Brookville reservoir  (Read 2774 times)

Ned

Brookville reservoir
« on: Apr 14, 2017, 09:47 PM »
Hello, I have a tournament coming up on brookville reservoir next Saturday and was wondering if you guys have any reports from there.  I have only fished brookville once, and it was fifteen plus years ago.  Only thing I remember is the fishing sucked.  Does anyone know whether the smallmouth or largemouth will be spawning, and what areas should I look for them in?  Has the largemouth or smallmouth fishing been better, and is the upper or lower end usually better?  Any hot techniques, areas or any info at all on brookville would be greatly appreciated.

Boomer

Re: Brookville reservoir
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2017, 02:10 PM »
Have not fished it in two years but use to fish it a lot.  The east side south of Quakertown can be pretty good. Deep channel there. Also, around the bouys at the end of Quakertown might be a spot to look. Some holes and drop-offs there.  I assume you are going for bass? if you are looking for walleyes I would fish the power lines  at quakertown and the islands north of quakertown to the beach.

Good luck and I hope this wasn't too late.

Ned

« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2017, 09:31 PM »
Thanks, yes we are fishing a bass tournament this Sunday. Do you think there will be much sight fishing going on, and would  you target points or coves or what?

Boomer

« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2017, 01:53 PM »
That lake can be very muddy and with the weather coming in the northern end will be muddy. The south end may stay clearer. Most of the serious bass fishermen seem to fish the channels. There is a flat out on the main lake coming out of Garr Hill. It holds fish at times. Also, across the lake from that can be good too.  I just never tried for bass there much but caught some as incidental to what I was fishing for.

If you get a chance, remember to take the ultralight for some trout action below the dam. Some good fishing there. Bring waders for best results. White bass should be running up the river. Walleyes and crappie should be biting and when all else fails - bring the shotgun and try for turkey!

Good luck. 

P.S. Do you have to fish Brookville? The small lake at the state park there is excellent this time of year for bass and bluegills.

Ned

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 10:20 PM »
Thanks for the info, I was fishing a tournament there so yes I had to fish brookville.  Finished in 3rd place out 76 boats.

Jig_Head

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 12:40 AM »
Nice finish!

netminder34

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 11:21 AM »
Nice Job for little knowledge of the lake.  Never fished there but checked out the area earlier this spring when the wife and I were down in that section of the state on other business.  Looked tough at low winter water levels.

Ned

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 03:51 PM »
Thanks, frustrating to almost get the win but I'll take 3rd any day of the week.

wallin

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 09:24 PM »
Was there for a week, walleye are on fire if you can dodge the storms.
Wife and I got a double ticket sat, came home with 21 total and didn't fish a few days.
Wallin

abishop

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 08:19 AM »
Good job Tom. Heard anything about our bass lake?

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 11:34 AM »
Nice

icecleate

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 07:23 PM »
Nice job Tom!

Gartoon

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 10:35 AM »