FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: persistance pays off..  (Read 3548 times)

stripahstalker

persistance pays off..
« on: Apr 16, 2017, 04:13 PM »
After three unsuccessful trip specifically targeting big Lakers I was finally able to hook up with the fish I was looking for I was fishing 50 feet of water right on bottom with large pieces of Chunk sucker the rod was soaking for about an hour and a half before she hit. It took me about five minutes to land it. and turned out to be gut hooked and I was unable to revive it so I brought it home for the smoker but 34 inches was the length and by far the biggest lake trout I have ever caught from boat or Shore persistence really pays off with those big lake trout especially if you're fishing chunk bait on bottom you really have to just pick a spot you think the fish are going to come through it and wait and just let it soak but it finally paid off and I'm very happy. Also I was stunned to find out when I opened up the fish to clean it that it was already gut hooked by somebody that had a white tube jig on and broke off and then when I opened up the stomach was in disbelief when I realized that there were 2 other tube Jigs in its belly now it's hard for me to believe he broke for 3 or 4 people off before I caught him I'm more inclined to think he's just swimming along the bottom picking up broken off jigs that are laying on the bottom but that's open to interpretation.

SLAYERFISH

Re: persistance pays off..
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2017, 08:24 AM »
Nice Mac.  I once caught a rainbow with 3 hooks in its throat-

IFF

Re: persistance pays off..
« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2017, 10:46 AM »
What kind of shape were the tub jig hooks in ?  Guess they don't pass the plastics very well or not at all ??
*¿*  Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.