FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Record size Black Crappie netted by Pennsylvania Fish Commission  (Read 4372 times)

winchester 88

http://www.odumagazine.com/pennsylvania-state-record-black-crappie-caught/

I love to fish for Crappies and dream of catching one like this.

hinkydo

Could not bring up picture, would love to look at it if picture I available .

hinkydo

filetandrelease

Thanks low , all I can say is wow !!!

lowaccord66

Np filet and ya its a big crappie!

hinkydo

Thanks, unreal !!!!

hinkydo

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
All well and good except for the fact that that fish is no longer swimming freely to be caught by a licensed angler.

Kind of like all those big fish sentenced to death in the Bass Pro Shop "death-row" tank!

The state nets and REMOVES a trophy fish, to keep in their own display tank.

Hopefully there are many more to take that fish's place in the pecking order.

I wonder what the average lifespan of a crappie is? Just curious....
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

big_guy_13021

I agree with you fishermatim the fish was netted in a no fishing zone anyways why not let it live it's life out there..I guess if u seen 1 crappie you seen them all just not quite as big as that one...

fishinjohn

That's ABSOLUTELY rediculous!!! I'd like to know who makes those decisions and WHY it's allowed!

zwiggles

That's cool. Nice fish. Seems to me the local fish and game is trying to use the fish to drive up interest in fishing. I know if I was still a kid I'd like to go and look at it. I like the idea.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
That would make a meal for two ;D

It's still living so what's the beef?

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

big_guy_13021

That would make a meal for two ;D

Rg
.....No beef here it's what the crappie ;D

fishinjohn

Rg
My issue is, it wasn't taken by an angler,  therefore it was taken by means that are not legal (whether it's fish and game commission or not) The fish is now stuck in a tank and the state record will not be broken by that fish unless released.. If it was caught by an angler and he/she decided to keep it alive and donate to the state, that's one thing. I would even be ok if an angler got caught with it and , lets just say for argument sake, they didn't have a license and fish was seized as evidence and THEN was kept after that as a specimen.
It's a state record fish... put it back in the water and let an angler possibly have the chance to catch it.... just my 02.

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
that is an awesome fish....would certainly make my day!
thanks for sharing,
icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

RuttNutt

All well and good except for the fact that that fish is no longer swimming freely to be caught by a licensed angler.

Kind of like all those big fish sentenced to death in the Bass Pro Shop "death-row" tank!

The state nets and REMOVES a trophy fish, to keep in their own display tank.

Hopefully there are many more to take that fish's place in the pecking order.

I wonder what the average lifespan of a crappie is? Just curious....

I was thinking the exact same thing!  ::)

I can understand why they would want to display it. Just hope it is temporary, maybe a couple months or for the summer and then return it to the lake to be caught and/or spawn in the future!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.