FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Panfish  (Read 1844 times)

staubsaugen

Panfish
« on: Apr 27, 2017, 03:16 PM »
Anyone chasing them on their favorite lakes? Found some nice crappie at my local spot last Sunday. Guessing this cold front won't slow them down too much given the beat up tails, but I do wonder about the bluegill... Found a few nice ones shallow at several lakes recently. Also caught a nice 11" perch shallow, which surprised me as I thought they had moved out!

rivereddy

Re: Panfish
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29, 2017, 08:54 AM »
 Down around Indy everything is going on in high gear.  Only the silvers seem to be spotty.  I've seen gills, red ear, crappie and both LMB and SMB are
spawning.  My last time out, even the carp were chasing jigs. ( which is kinda hard on the ol ultralight....)

fish on,

rivereddy

taxid

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 07:28 AM »
I've been holding off as I'm somewhat of a fair weather fisherman. I can't stand fishing in high winds, rain and cold temps which we seem to have had a lot of this year. I guess I figured with the low temps they wouldn't be that active.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Hermdog

• lets go fishing, YEA BABY YEAAA
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 07:52 AM »
Back to the subject.......got a pile of dandy red ears and gills out of Jimmerson yesterday. We were a catching um in about 4 ft of water using blk ant with a waxworm and red wigglers.

taxid

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 08:36 AM »
Back to the subject.......got a pile of dandy red ears and gills out of Jimmerson yesterday. We were a catching um in about 4 ft of water using blk ant with a waxworm and red wigglers.

I guess I better get out there although it won't be Jimmerson!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 01:00 PM »
Staubsaugen,

Have you been to the Oliver Lake chain lately? Anybody catching any of the browns vs. the rainbows?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.