FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: PB for my last day being 31  (Read 1581 times)

Bass to mouth

PB for my last day being 31
« on: Apr 28, 2017, 09:59 PM »
As soon as the sun hit the horizon they came alive. 1st one 13lbs and before I could rebait my alarm was going off on the other rod. 2nd was 4lb 11oz. A bunch more hits but as night fell the pout showed up. These are my 2nd and 3rd carp so im just scratching the surface so I may be back with a new PB in a few days.

bogtrotter

Re: PB for my last day being 31
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29, 2017, 04:40 AM »
Wow, those are bigguns! Nice job.

ICEHOLE

« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2017, 05:48 AM »
As soon as the sun hit the horizon they came alive. 1st one 13lbs and before I could rebait my alarm was going off on the other rod. 2nd was 4lb 11oz. A bunch more hits but as night fell the pout showed up. These are my 2nd and 3rd carp so im just scratching the surface so I may be back with a new PB in a few days.

That one spot is getting fished 12 hours a day 7 days a week now. When I started fishing it NO ONE went down there for carp. Now the place is full of people who read about it on Facebook. Leaving trash everywhere. Can't stand it.
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

Baitbucket

« Reply #3 on: Apr 29, 2017, 06:01 AM »
That one spot is getting fished 12 hours a day 7 days a week now. When I started fishing it NO ONE went down there for carp. Now the place is full of people who read about it on Facebook. Leaving trash everywhere. Can't stand it.

Pretty sure a guys posted a video of that spot on here recetnly as well.

Nice job Bass, keep it up.

Bass to mouth

« Reply #4 on: Apr 29, 2017, 06:10 AM »
I heard about the spot word of mouth from people in town. I hear you on the trash, last year I pulled up maybe a couple hundred yards of line and brought it home. There was a bin there last year, I picked up trash all around the area put it in the bin then 2 days later I came back to see someone just dumped it out to be a jerk. A guy told me a spot across the pond got closed off cause of trash.

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
« Reply #5 on: Apr 29, 2017, 09:39 AM »
Nice job Bass! Aaa if only could be 31 again :-\ any way happy birthday enjoy!
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

ICEHOLE

« Reply #6 on: Apr 30, 2017, 06:31 AM »
I heard about the spot word of mouth from people in town. I hear you on the trash, last year I pulled up maybe a couple hundred yards of line and brought it home. There was a bin there last year, I picked up trash all around the area put it in the bin then 2 days later I came back to see someone just dumped it out to be a jerk. A guy told me a spot across the pond got closed off cause of trash.
The spot across the pond got sold and new owner posted it. Wasn't nearly as much trash over there because no one really knew about it. I used to launch my boats there.  It really sucks this place is gonna be ruined by Facebook  and empty cans of corn littered all over they won't be letting us in there after long. They posted it once...bound to happen again when town decides they can't afford to clean it and patrol

Bass to mouth

« Reply #7 on: Apr 30, 2017, 05:01 PM »

This is what I started using from the dollar store to make one can last longer and its good to grab an extra to stain corn.

ICEHOLE

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 03:18 PM »
chick peas work well down there and u just prep what u need the day before (soak in water 24 hours) then boil. i boil in strawberry koolaid. adds a little color and flavor. and hold on the rig much much better!. plus carp get smart....they are not numb to the fact can after can after can of corn gets thrown down there daily....think that EVERY person that goes down there chuck all kinds of bait in the water...if carp ALWAYS see corn and only get caught when they eat corn...they get VERY suspicious. personally i like a mix of stuff cream corn, can corn, chick pea, crushed hemp seeds, grits, chilli powder amd vanilla...also will crush up some boilys on occasion

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.