FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Pine Lake  (Read 1626 times)

den58

Pine Lake
« on: May 04, 2017, 01:42 PM »
Fished Pine yesterday with my daughter we did pretty good caught 25 big crappie between 10 and 13 in. in 10 ft. of water trolling twister tails and power bait minnows

netminder34

Re: Pine Lake
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 09:33 AM »
Thanks for the report, great to hear some fish are being caught.  Haven't heard much coming from the Laporte area and I have had family commitments keeping me from getting out and trying the inland fishing.  Hoping to get out in the next couple weeks as commitments are slowing down.

Boomer

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 02:01 PM »
Been catching a few fish south of LaPorte. Nice gills and decent crappie. No huge numbers but enough for a meal or two.  I have noticed that the egg sacs in both species are very small with little development of the eggs so far. (We keep them as a special treat when we fry a few up.) Does this mean there will be a delay in the spawning or are the fish going to reabsorb the eggs and try again later - or not at all - this year?

Boomer

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 07:51 PM »
Went Sunday afternoon. Wife wanted to try new pole and reel. Son caught a 16inch largemouth. I caught a nice 11inch perch. Wife caught a nice crappie and bass. Lots of small perch. Good family outing. Worms and minnows both caught fish. Crappie still had eggs.

First trip to Stinky,s. Wife and son make fun of me for my poor ability to smell things. I look at it as a blessing.

netminder34

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 11:17 AM »
Thanks for the reports of some catches.  I haven't been fishing much but went Saturday and water temp still seemed a little on the cold side.  Caught a few small bass and eyes.  I am thinking the spawn has been on and off over the past few weeks with the fluctuating weather.  This may be a year where more eggs are absorbed back into the fish waiting for next year and a more steady triggering weather pattern, although I can remember a few years where the best gill fishing was during the Stanley Cup Finals Championship week which is just around the corner.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.