FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sons first walleye  (Read 4841 times)

bherr24

Re: Sons first walleye
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2017, 02:34 PM »
Well my boy has baseball practice this evening so i slipped down to the area he caught this fish today for a couple hours.  The wabash had came up and was not fishable so i slipped over to eel side which is not quite as muddy but still up. Was using a 1/8th oz green head and orange twister tail tipped with part of a crawler.  Only had one bite but this was the result..a nice 23 incher.

Mac Attack

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2017, 02:59 PM »
dinner

:D

Daybreak

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2017, 04:40 PM »
Another very nice walleye!
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

wallin

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2017, 06:14 PM »
Nice job, congrats
Wallin

Boomer

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2017, 02:04 PM »
Great pic of your son with his first walleye.  I have a feeling that this will not be his last. Father & Son. Good times. Congrats.

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2017, 03:22 PM »
Nice job!!! Dad

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2017, 04:52 AM »
Great job! I have had some experience fishing below the small dam on the eel and the wabash out by the mill at George Town but have never caught any eyes. Congrats!

bherr24

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2017, 07:31 AM »
dinner

:D

Yes it was last evening. I was a little nervous about it as i normally dont keep the bigger fish for eating.  But my son absolutely was not letting me turn his fish loose so we kept it, and i kept the one i caught to add to it.  I sliced the fillets into thinner slices and removed all the red meat and both fish ate just like a 16 incher. Very very good.  A little more work to prepare but it was worth it. Now im out of walleye, better go catch some more :)

bherr24

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2017, 07:37 AM »
Great job! I have had some experience fishing below the small dam on the eel and the wabash out by the mill at George Town but have never caught any eyes. Congrats!

My personal best eye was caught below that small dam on the eel 2 years ago.  These came from further downstream.

bherr24

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2017, 09:00 PM »
Took my son with me again this evening and caught 2 more walleye. Another 25 incher and then a 17 incher.  Both on twister tails. Doubt my luck can last much longer. This is the best stretch of eye fishing i think i have ever had here in the river.  I  caught the bigger one and hooked the smaller one but let him fight the fish. It ended up snagging him up but after giving it some slack he came free and we were able to land it.  Here is the bigger one.

Jig_Head

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2017, 11:02 PM »
Good job dude, keep it up

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2017, 09:15 AM »
Very nice brother!

bigr

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2017, 11:38 AM »
With the Wabash up those small tributaries are good hangouts for eyes right now. I fish a lot of the creeks that dump into the river. You never know what you'll catch. Those fish need a break from the current and stack up. Keep after them, they'll stay in the area til water goes down.

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2017, 09:05 AM »
I was in Logan over the weekend and drove out to my parents old home off of Favis road and the river looked pretty high. I will be making several trips down there and hope to hit the dam on one of them.

bherr24

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2017, 09:28 PM »
I was in Logan over the weekend and drove out to my parents old home off of Favis road and the river looked pretty high. I will be making several trips down there and hope to hit the dam on one of them.

Yep river is way up.  It started rising on friday evening and then more heavy rain on saturday evening really did it in.  I caught some nice smallies friday though at the little dam, biggest was 18 inches.  Havent caught any more walleye recently,  ill try again when the water levels get back a little closer to normal.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.